Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Order Price Increase

2613 Views 67 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  kdenning
I need some advice. I did a custom order 2023 Transit and my preview order, that I signed at the dealership, has one MSRP and my window sticker has a MSRP that’s $1500 higher. I preemptively asked my sales guy about this and his said my price was locked in and I have that in a text message. Now he is saying it’s all Ford and there’s nothing he can do.

Anyone else deal with this? What are my options here aside from walking away from the order?
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
IF THEY WON'T GIVE YOU A SIGNED SALES ORDER WITH AN OUT-THE-DOOR PRICE OR AT LEAST A PRICE BEFORE TAXES AND GOVERNMENT FEES, WALK AWAY!!!
Everything in your post was going great until this.

Do not walk away.

The dealership is doing everything they can to get you to walk away so that they can charge someone other dork the $1500 above the order PLUS whatever mark up they come up with.

· Registered
13 Posts
Did your dealer get a signed copy of your preview order along with a copy of your driver's license AND submit to Ford for the COVP confirmation? The COVP confirmation is what gets you the price protection.
Hi Crew Man, hoping to get your input even though I can’t DM you. I ordered a 2021 in 9/21. I got an order summary with no signature. I sent my driver’s license and check for $500 at that time. My van got delivered but is now $9k over what I ordered according to the window sticker. I called Ford and asked for my COVP. They found me in the system and gave me my 10 digit #. They said I only have a $1500 offer that expires 4/3. If I didn’t get a signed order and can’t pay this new price am I out my van and the $500?

· Registered
2023 Ford Transit | AWD 3.5L Ecoboost | 148" extended length, high roof
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good news! My dealer is honoring the price on the preview order, so I won’t pay a penny over my original price. Thanks again for all the advice folks!

I have a Maverick on order as well and I’m glad to have this solved now so I won’t have to go through this all over again in a few months.

· Registered
13 Posts
Mine is a $9000 difference (AWD). I’m being told too bad, I pay the window price even though it’s showing green and is my special order. I guess I’m losing my $500 and am stuck now without a van to build at all.

· Registered
330 Posts
Hi Crew Man, hoping to get your input even though I can’t DM you. I ordered a 2021 in 9/21. I got an order summary with no signature. I sent my driver’s license and check for $500 at that time. My van got delivered but is now $9k over what I ordered according to the window sticker. I called Ford and asked for my COVP. They found me in the system and gave me my 10 digit #. They said I only have a $1500 offer that expires 4/3. If I didn’t get a signed order and can’t pay this new price am I out my van and the $500?
Did you order a 2021 model year van on 09/21? I'm guessing that van never got built and at some point you went back to the dealership and ordered a 2023 that just got delivered?

I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly before advising.

· Registered
13 Posts
Did you order a 2021 model year van on 09/21? I'm guessing that van never got built and at some point you went back to the dealership and ordered a 2023 that just got delivered?

I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly before advising.
My order summary says “model year: 2022” that was submitted on 9/21. They notified me at some point that my 2022 got a vin assigned but never got built so they were pushing it to a 2023. Thanks.

· Registered
330 Posts
My order summary says “model year: 2022” that was submitted on 9/21. They notified me at some point that my 2022 got a vin assigned but never got built so they were pushing it to a 2023. Thanks.
That's the first I've heard of a vin being assigned for a 2022 model year without being built as a 2022 model year.

The $6,000 private offer should apply to your 2023 model year. The private offer is specifically described to cover the difference in price when orders were transitioned from a 2022 to a 2023.

Have you been working with the same dealer the entire time?

· Registered
13 Posts
My dealer told me a vin was assigned but I do not think I got anything from Ford stating that so it could have been rephrased or lost in translation. After my dealer (yes same one, I only put in 1 order in on my end this entire time) gave me the sticker price and said I have to pay that I called Ford. I asked for my private offer. They were able to locate my 10 digit code but they said my private offer is only for $1500 (towards the $9k difference in my build), and also that the dealership doesn’t even have to give that to me. Based on that they already told me no, no offers, I pay the window amount on my green window sticker I’m guessing they won’t even give me $1500 off.

· Registered
330 Posts
My dealer told me a vin was assigned but I do not think I got anything from Ford stating that so it could have been rephrased or lost in translation. After my dealer (yes same one, I only put in 1 order in on my end this entire time) gave me the sticker price and said I have to pay that I called Ford. I asked for my private offer. They were able to locate my 10 digit code but they said my private offer is only for $1500 (towards the $9k difference in my build), and also that the dealership doesn’t even have to give that to me. Based on that they already told me no, no offers, I pay the window amount on my green window sticker I’m guessing they won’t even give me $1500 off.
This is brutal because this scenario is exactly what the $6,000 private offer is supposed to cover but you already know that.

If you ordered a 2022 and Ford did not make you a 2022 but instead transitioned your order into a 2023, you're entitled to the private offer.

Of course, unfortunately for you and for everyone else in this situation, there is nothing in writing to support this or throw in your dealers face.

Sorry you're dealing with such scum on this.

· Registered
13 Posts
Exactly. And when I had the rep on the phone and she gave me my 10digit code and the amount, I asked if I could get a manager to review my situation. They had one call me back and although I didn’t get to answer the call she basically left me a message saying all offers are at the discretion of the dealership.

Thanks for your insight. Guess I’m losing my $500 deposit. Thanks, Ford.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts