Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Long time listener first time caller.

Me and my wife are currently on order for a 23’ transit from a small dealer. I’m told we are a “10” for priority and the first in line. We have allocation as well.

I have two items on my build that are currently causing slow down. The rear view mirror and the HID headlights. Curious if anyone else has had these itemscause issues (like the power door). Is it worth us removing from our build?

· Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
820 Posts
Based on how many different items or option have been blamed for past delays, I think it's totally unpredictable until Ford or your dealer makes it clear on an item to drop.

You could drop those two items, and they could be back in stock and something else delays your build.

· Registered
26 Posts
I agree with the above comment. Especially based on things Main man Ed has said to similar questions.
I would stick with what you want because anything can slow a build down or have it sitting. Our 23 is built (as of 9/9) and currently sitting waiting for a windshield wiper blade chip 😐
So at this point literally anything can be the cause of issues.

· Registered
7,372 Posts
Hi everyone. Long time listener first time caller.

Me and my wife are currently on order for a 23’ transit from a small dealer. I’m told we are a “10” for priority and the first in line. We have allocation as well.

I have two items on my build that are currently causing slow down. The rear view mirror and the HID headlights. Curious if anyone else has had these itemscause issues (like the power door). Is it worth us removing from our build?
The Virtual Rear View Mirror is the only one I have not seen come on a scheduled order. Already seen orders with both of the HID Headlamps options on scheduled orders.

· Registered
47 Posts
My build date was just delayed another two weeks. This is our 6th delay already since it was originally scheduled. Very frustrating. Especially after waiting a year for the '22 that never came.

· Registered
21 Posts
The Virtual Rear View Mirror is the only one I have not seen come on a scheduled order. Already seen orders with both of the HID Headlamps options on scheduled orders.
I have the Virtual Rear View Mirror on my build. It has a scheduled build week (12/12) and a VIN assigned. But, the scheduled build has slipped 4 times since the original 10/24 date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts