Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
I’ve been running the ARB twin compressor for several years on my Jeep. It’s mounted under the hood and I’ve not had a problem with it getting wet. I have a friend that mounted one under his van and has had to replace one of the compressors twice. He doesn’t use the remote air intakes which could be the problem.

The 70 amps is for both motors so you only need to run 35 amps per wire. The ARB wiring harness is fused a 2x40 amps.

I’ll be installing an ARB on my Van when I get it. I can fill my 37” tires from 10psi to 33psi quickly. I’ve not timed how long it takes per tire but if I’m with others I’ll often be done before they get two of their tires filled. If we’re in a hurry I’ll go fill their other two tires to speed the process.

· Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
I called Viair, the guy I talked to said that going from 0-30 PSI (or 15-45 PSI) should take a lot longer than going from 30 PSI to 60 PSI (or 45-75PSI). And our tires have a lot less volume than jeep tires, So he recommended just the single 485C.

I think that makes sense to me, so I’ll probably go with the single 485C compressor. A guy on the Facebook group said his 300P compressor can air his tires back up in a couple minutes (1.6cfm @30psi, 1cf @80psi). If I have a 4-5 gallon tank at 200psi to start, that should help too.
I started with a Viair 400. The compressors are easy to switch out if you find it’s not working for you.

· Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
Good Thread,
I have installed the single motor ARB under 2 transits, tucked behind the passenger side slider foot well under the van. no issues (yet) I run mine off the factory up fitter switches, so van has to be running. I ran DOT air brake tubing and used brass quick connect fittings for that tube. i used brass bulkhead fittings and mounted air chucks in both slider foot wells (i have all the sliders, lol) works slick.
How susceptible is that location to water during stream crossings? And, did you use the air intake relocation kit?

1 - 3 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.