Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
2019 250 148 mr
Good news. I can also report than nothing bad has happened to my van either... other than a few minor self inflicted issues during the build out caused by my impatience and inexperience.

Super Moderator
Nothing bad has happened to my van except that bully tree limb that swooped down and gave it a fist bump on the forehead.
I feel your pain. This one came out of the top of a tree in a storm as we drove under it. Found out when we traded it that the claim was listed as a rollover with CarFax because the roof and windshield had minor damage too :rolleyes:
Plant Car Water Vehicle Tree
Automotive tire Hood Water Grey Vehicle door

btw it is nearly impossible to safely drive a Transit without that mirror!

Registered
btw it is nearly impossible to safely drive a Transit without that mirror!
This is so very true! With previous vehicles I often didn't bother clearing frost or mud from side mirrors. With the Transit, I don't roll until I have confirmed each mirror is clear!

Reactions: asdrew and Timetogo

Registered
98.5k, nothing to report except the failing torque converter at 55k. Also, I backed into a tree limb hidden by...leaves. Small dent in the upper passenger corner; ponded, bondo'd, painted.

Reactions: asdrew

Registered
Unfortunately, mine is a little different, at 4500 miles a new engine under warranty. I backed into tree limb I wanted to trim but my boss said no (drivers rear roof) ding. Now the lower radiator hose leaking and smog sensor on engine (remove intake manifold). Here in the Prescott area, we do not have smog so really a pi**er to even have the sensor. Not as good at the old 2015 4runner 95k, front cv joint, but not bad for 65k.

Registered
Posted on another forum, The wife was driving.
That crash is crazy. No roll visible roll over damage on van or path through the woods. A-pillar seems to have held up very well, alignment of open door even looks about right. CMHSL is messed up small dent on passenger side cargo door.
Even though no obvious photoshop artifacts visible at that low resolution. Fake???

@Checkswrecks to the white courtesy phone.

My wife drove our '20for the first time 2 days ago and the CEL turned on. I told her I can't believe she already broke it. Have not pulled the code yet. Last time I drove it stop/start was not stopping the engine an there was an indicator light like it was turned off, which it was not? Closest dealer is 20min, does not do a commercial business and I don't think it has the best reputation either. Nearest commercial dealer is 40min away and has a bit if a better reputation, but if I have to leave the van, that becomes a real PITA. I suppose decision may depend on what the code is. At least I'll hopefully be able to get the painted over contaminant documented before it possibly fails and get the improperly installed rear door seals addressed. So yea, poor quality even for a delivery van. (FYI - a coil on my '04 Acura failed last month. First CEL in 175K miles ... guess my frame of reference for quality is not fair 馃檨)

Registered
2020 AWD Ecoboost 19000 miles, nothing significant to report so far. Idle was erratic for a couple seconds a few time when cold but hasn't done it in a while. Transmission seemed to got confused once about which speed it should be in, but did not happen again. Alarm system got triggered once and couldn't see any reason why.

Registered
That crash is crazy. No roll visible roll over damage on van or path through the woods. A-pillar seems to have held up very well, alignment of open door even looks about right. CMHSL is messed up small dent on passenger side cargo door.
Even though no obvious photoshop artifacts visible at that low resolution. Fake???

@Checkswrecks to the white courtesy phone.

My wife drove our '20for the first time 2 days ago and the CEL turned on. I told her I can't believe she already broke it. Have not pulled the code yet. Last time I drove it stop/start was not stopping the engine an there was an indicator light like it was turned off, which it was not? Closest dealer is 20min, does not do a commercial business and I don't think it has the best reputation either. Nearest commercial dealer is 40min away and has a bit if a better reputation, but if I have to leave the van, that becomes a real PITA. I suppose decision may depend on what the code is. At least I'll hopefully be able to get the painted over contaminant documented before it possibly fails and get the improperly installed rear door seals addressed. So yea, poor quality even for a delivery van. (FYI - a coil on my '04 Acura failed last month. First CEL in 175K miles ... guess my frame of reference for quality is not fair 馃檨)
The original comment that came with the photo, By a guy named Steve Waldoch who is a cousin of the Waldroch's that own the Minnesota van conversion company.

Quote:
Wife just put our 2020 AWD with 10k miles down the mountain. Just got in August added a few mods like 3" lift, tv, refrig, etc. By the time the tow company gets it out, will be totaled. Its got custom seats and few other touches which I could transfere into another van. Has anyone negotiated with insurance co to buy back after declared salvage/ totaled? Tricks of the trade to deal with the yawhoo insurance company?
She was strapped in the seat upside down and unhurt except for a few bruises. Air bags deployed, windshield shattered. The 3" lift had nothing to do with the event, the van was very stable. She reacted to a deer jumping if front at night and the road is very narrow and unforgiving. Thanks for the concern for her condition.

Registered
2020 AWD Ecoboost 19000 miles, nothing significant to report so far. Idle was erratic for a couple seconds a few time when cold but hasn't done it in a while. Transmission seemed to got confused once about which speed it should be in, but did not happen again. Alarm system got triggered once and couldn't see any reason why.
15000 ecoboost 2020 crew van alls good thus far. 3 oil changes and air filter cleaned and engine cleaned and inspected. Loving it but paying attention to radiator hoses and coolant bottle nipple....

Registered
2nd law of thermodynamics

Reactions: pbethel
1 - 20 of 26 Posts