Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 170" tall Sprinter w/ basic travel van/camping conversion was totaled two weeks ago on a trip.
I'm willing to wait for the Transit as an alternative replacement, provided it turns out to suit my needs. I just read the thread w/ the pics of the Transits at the Detroit show, and was wondering if anyone has been there yet. I plan on making it sometime during the week, so if anyone has anything in particular they want me to check out about it in person let me know. I was pleased to find this forum, it was mentioned in the Sprinter forums. I joined a few minutes after that was posted, about 30 minutes ago.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome to the forums and thanks for introducing yourself!

I plan on building this forum into a great site for everyone.

Thanks for creating and building this site. Owning a not so common and little understood vehicle like the U.S. Sprinter I relied heavily on the resources available at Sprinter-Source Forums. If the Transit is in my future it will also be a learning experience for all involved, I'm hoping this forum will be the equivalent of the Sprinter forums that saved my vehicle from improper maintenance many times and saved me $ in the process. Too bad nobody on the planet was able to tell that IDIOT southbound on Long Key Bridge a few weeks ago attempting to pass numerous vehicles simultaneously that it was not only illegal but just a bad idea in general. I happened to be in the wrong place at the right time I guess.

MARATHON

Bridge crash blocks U.S. 1

There were no serious injuries reported Monday in a 1:40 p.m. nearly head-on crash on the Long Key Bridge that backed up traffic on U.S. 1 for miles in both directions, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Carl Eles of Pittsburgh was driving a 1998 Mercedes southbound with passenger JoAnn Kradel, and was attempting to pass multiple vehicles when he struck a 2008 Dodge van driven by Alan Adler of West Bloomfield, Mich., traveling north, said Lt. Kathy McKinney. Their ages were not immediately available.

Kradel was taken to Mariners Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, McKinney said.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for creating and building this site. Owning a not so common and little understood vehicle like the U.S. Sprinter I relied heavily on the resources available at Sprinter-Source Forums. If the Transit is in my future it will also be a learning experience for all involved, I'm hoping this forum will be the equivalent of the Sprinter forums that saved my vehicle from improper maintenance many times and saved me $ in the process. Too bad nobody on the planet was able to tell that IDIOT southbound on Long Key Bridge a few weeks ago attempting to pass numerous vehicles simultaneously that it was not only illegal but just a bad idea in general. I happened to be in the wrong place at the right time I guess.

MARATHON

Bridge crash blocks U.S. 1

There were no serious injuries reported Monday in a 1:40 p.m. nearly head-on crash on the Long Key Bridge that backed up traffic on U.S. 1 for miles in both directions, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Carl Eles of Pittsburgh was driving a 1998 Mercedes southbound with passenger JoAnn Kradel, and was attempting to pass multiple vehicles when he struck a 2008 Dodge van driven by Alan Adler of West Bloomfield, Mich., traveling north, said Lt. Kathy McKinney. Their ages were not immediately available.

Kradel was taken to Mariners Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, McKinney said.

I'm guessing the Dodge branded Mercedes won physically, but I still lost out big time financially. He carried the bare bones minimal property damage insurance. No surprise once I found this:

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Wow longboard. Glad you're ok for sure. We can't say the Sprinter is not crash worthy...
I feel the same as you about them. Little understood and terribly hard to get worked on by a competent shop. That goes for certified Sprinter dealers too.
We are on our second and last one as my signature says......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts