Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in a 12V only van specific fridge we have Norcold N1090BR fridges available which are the same as Thetford T1090.

Typically these come at great expense and mainly available stateside.
See Norcold N1090BR RV Electric Thin Refrigerator Freezer - 12V DC - 3.2 C/F

These are difficult to ship stateside so we are just offering them in Canada.

$1199 + Sales Tax

PM if interested, Available on our Canadian Site RVBuildparts.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is interested in a 12V only van specific fridge we have Norcold N1090BR fridges available which are the same as Thetford T1090.

$1000 CAD + Sales Tax + freight shipping ($120 or so)

PM if interested, can provide a payment link on TrumaHeaters.com
Where are you located in Canada?

·
Registered
5 Posts

$1000 CAD + Sales Tax + freight shipping ($120 or so)

PM if interested, can provide a payment link on TrumaHeaters.com
Hi Tom. I can't seem to PM you (I'm new here) so it's probably just me. Do you still have a Norcold N1090 fridge? I'm having a Ford Transit built out and wonder if it would be a good fit for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you installed this yet? Any pictures? Any thoughts or insights on this fridge?
We just unboxed the fridge at my van builder's the other day. I took pictures for you but it's obviously not installed yet. I didn't take a picture of the front because the panel wasn't on it yet but it did come with the black front panel. I chose this fridge so I could have something built below it and there's still room for a shelf above it. There are pictures showing it right up to the roof of the van. In a high roof like mine, that's too high to access the freezer. My decision to go with this fridge was a compromise on freezer size. It is only 6"H x 11"W x 5"D. The best pictures I've found on line are here Norcold N2090R RV Electric Thin Refrigerator Freezer - 12V DC - 3.2 C/F which is the US company associated with RV Build Parts

Cabinetry Shelving Gas Drawer Machine
Shelving Gas Shelf Technology Machine

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
That's a neat form factor that you don't often see. Coincidentally, I was just looking at the Vitrifrigo Slim 90 the other day for the first time and it's very similar to this one (tho the Slim 90 has an external compressor). (Which makes the freezer full depth.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's a neat form factor that you don't often see. Coincidentally, I was just looking at the Vitrifrigo Slim 90 the other day for the first time and it's very similar to this one (tho the Slim 90 has an external compressor).
I had never heard of Vitrifrigo before. You're right that the Slim 90 is very similar with the back designed to fit the curve of the van. It's an Italian company and it looks like it might be challenging to source in Canada. I couldn't find the Norcold N1090/N2090 anywhere except RV Build Parts

·
Registered
870 Posts
I had never heard of Vitrifrigo before. You're right that the Slim 90 is very similar with the back designed to fit the curve of the van. It's an Italian company and it looks like it might be challenging to source in Canada.
Fair enough. I'm sure it gets old when US folk "assume" you can get something just as easily there, which is not always true (especially since I have now noticed this is in the "Canada Discussion area). There are quite a few Vitrifrigo sellers in the US, many of them boating related (because they were used on boats before "vanlife"). Their US base of operations is in SE Florida where there is a huge boating industry.

I just had never really looked at the Slim 90 until yesterday, and now today I see your pics of one so similar. I like that it's different than the usual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts