Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a ford transit with non quick release seats? Does anyone know how to remove them. It seems that all of the YouTube videos I watch the seats have a quick release mechanism. These seats have a plate on the floor and bolts holding the seat in place. I just purchased a used 2018 Ford Transit 350 Passenger XLT from a rental car company. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Probably just unbolt them but those don’t look like ford seats. Check from underneath, they might be studs that are bolted via nuts from the bottom

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Those are not factory installed Transit seats but a aftermarket installation. If you can show us pictures of the front of these seats, I believe they have the armrests between each seat. I was approached about some of these seats that were ordered for a large group of custom Transit conversions and the buyers cancelled out on the order.

So I may actually have a chance to get some of these same seats.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
These may be the Freedman seats that are installed in a lot of multiple seated passenger vans where they remove the factory seats and install these in their place. They make these in a vinyl, cloth, and leather materials depending on which one is required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have added new photos of the seats. I bought the van from enterprise used rental car sales. They told me that van was all stock and not modified. The other seats I was able to get out no problem but the second row bench seat has been difficult.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
These are Freedman seats. What do the front seats look like as far as the material? There are pictures of these seats on the Freedman website.

If you can send me the 17 digit VIN on this vehicle via PM, we can look at the original window sticker to see if this might have been a Builders Prep van that came with the NO seat option and they added the seats

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts
I bought the van from enterprise used rental car sales. They told me that van was all stock and not modified.
They didn't really know, so they just answered with something to appease you.

The seats are decent though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts