Ford Transit USA Forum banner

New vibration after replacing the guibo with u-joint

6885 Views 22 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  carringb
Hi Folks,

I pored a bunch of the existing driveshaft threads and didn't see anything that seemed related...

I just had my van at the dealer to do the driveshaft recall. They installed a driveshaft with a u-joint and now we're getting a new vibration, most noticeable off-throttle and between 25-50MPH. It almost sounds like a helicopter is following.

Any ideas? My first thought is that maybe it's an imbalanced driveshaft, but that seems kinda improbable.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,442 Posts
The comment that came with these photo's from another Transit forum.

Just wanted to share an issue I had with my 2020 T350 2wd 148 passenger van. Since the day I drove it off the lot, when I would get to 73-80 mph I would hear deep drone noise coming for rear of van, when I let off gas it would stop and if I hammered the gas at 73-80 mph it would get louder, so after few visits to the dealer and they put some chassis ears on it they said it was coming from rear differential and thought it was a bearing in differential, when I took it in today they told me that Ford Corp. had this issue with many other van and it was actually the part of the drive shaft that connect to u joint to differential said it was the angle of part they replaced that was causing vibration and the noise. My van does have the 2 1/2 inch Van Compass lift with 265-75-16, dealer just asked if I had the issue before lift and I did so they fixed it, Southbay Ford Commercial in Hawthorne , Ca they were great to work with in this, see pic of new part that was added, no more noise with new dampener.

· Registered
4,442 Posts
You are not the first. The giubo was chosen to put an end to this noise, Adding a U-joint amplifies it.
You are also not the first to complain of this noise after the Giubo was replaced with a U-joint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.