Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying:1900 mi. We had a heavy rain and the TCM got wet causing the trans. to malfunction and fry the clutch plates. Looks like I have a new van with a rebuilt trans. T250 Diesel. In the shop waiting for parts. One thing to note, to pull the pan to inspect, the entire front steering cross member,cowlings, wheels brakes you name has to be unbolted. So I asked the mechanic about changing fluid and filter service, his reply "figure about 8 hrs plus parts":eek:

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Must be a dealership shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update,Van has been on the rack at dealership since Dec 20. Waiting for the trans gasket kit. Under Ca. law Ford is replacing this vehicle. ordered new one today, will see how this goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious, how did TCM get wet? I have the same van-hoping that your situation was an unfortunate random occurrence. Ford should stand behind that and make it right.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
update,Van has been on the rack at dealership since Dec 20. Waiting for the trans gasket kit. Under Ca. law Ford is replacing this vehicle. ordered new one today, will see how this goes.
Thirty days in the shop is something you can use in a lawsuit, not an automatic new van law. If Ford hasn't told you they are replacing it, they aren't. Not without a fight. You will need an attorney.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No hassle so far,Ford has picked up the vin on the new van and is doing an asset exchange with the bank. Old van still taking up space on the rack at the dealership.
Will probably make a cover over the control boxes on the new van.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts