Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if this recall would be covered as part of a sort of "lifetime" warranty? My 2016 van has 150k miles on it, so it is well beyond any factory warranty. I would like to know before going to the dealer if the work would be covered by Ford... My older Nissan's had a lifetime warranty on certain safety equipment such as the seatbelts and I actually had a 16yr old high mileage 240sx that got the seatbelt buckles and mechanism replaced due to a recall that hadn't been performed on my car. So I'm just curious if this could be a similar situation.
I had 2016 t250, the coupler was cracked at 15k,35k 100k. All three times was replaced under warranty, permanent repair was a week ago at 100k no charge. While on rack, they offered me a deal on a 19, they kept van.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's a picture of mine, it is not a great picture, I have running boards on my van and it's real hard to get in there. I think it's a U-Joint? my shaft does not look aluminum. It did have a large bar-code sticker on it and large words that say "Scrap if dropped"
1.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
U joint cap looks ate up. That shaft is steel. Mine was at transmission, flange attached to rubber coupler, torn. Bad vibration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This shaft was just put in on 8/5/2019. What is the cap you are talking about? is it something I need to look at closer

·
Registered
7 Posts
The color red I was seeing looked bad from your pic, it is just surface rust.normal.you are updated with the fix, same as mine I got rid of, same as the 2019. You in good shape.

·
Registered
11 Posts
now I just need to get ford to pay for it, and figure out why the **** my transmission got jerky and /or kicks me in the butt at low speeds from time to time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like computer issue. Mine was 2016, recall states they will replace rubber coupler every 40k miles untill permanent fix is installed even after warranty has ended.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah i wondered if they reset the transmission learning tables when they replaced the drive shaft. Seems like something that should be done, but my dealer was so incompetent I don't trust a **** thing they did. I got these weird stickers on there too, Im pretty sure this van had a lift of some sort in it at one time, judging by the hole pattern's in the cargo bay and old wiring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like they changed the springs in rear, they are supposed to put a certificate in your glovebox stating the change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to look up what modification's may have been completed, they did not fill out the yellow sticker. This is now a locksmith service truck, and does carry some weight. Probably 1200-1500 lbs in cargo bay, maybe more.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
"carrying capacity reduced" from a mobility upfitter is usually in reference to the extra weight of the equipment they added. If you have a capacity of 3500lbs and they added 1000lbs of equipment, you now have a reduced capacity of 2500lbs. (numbers are made up in my head, but you get the idea)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
^ What Surly Bill said. I would expect your springs to be standard OEM, and with the mobility equipment removed, your carrying capacity would be back to normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would have rather used email, but I did reach out to a chat support rep, on the official ford website. Im posting a transcript of the conversation here for anyone who may be interested. I will have to follow up via snail mail, apparently.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have rather used email, but I did reach out to a chat support rep, on the official ford website. Im posting a transcript of the conversation here for anyone who may be interested. I will have to follow up via snail mail, apparently. /QUOTE]

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, and seemed like a cookie cutter response, but at least there appears to be hope. Best of luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have rather used email, but I did reach out to a chat support rep, on the official ford website. Im posting a transcript of the conversation here for anyone who may be interested. I will have to follow up via snail mail, apparently.
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, and seemed like a cookie cutter response, but at least there appears to be hope. Best of luck!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Maybe at this point, you should contact the dealer that is 500 miles away, and tell them that they screwed up, and what can they do about it? Sometimes contacting the attorney general for the state they are in, is enough to get them motivated.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts