Ford Transit USA Forum banner

New Transit

587 11
Will be selling a new 2023 Transit AWD high roof extended, ecoboost in Oct.
White no windows, pretty much loaded
Being built by Ford in Sept and delivered in Oct
I ordered 2 and am selling this one.
More to follow if interested
I am in CA
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Smokster,

1). ill you basically be allowing the interested person contact your dealership, so the dealer will transfer the paperwork to the new buyer ?
2). Which would also allow the new buyer to purchase it for the same price as you would have been charged?

3). Or will they be buying it from you?
4). And if they will buy it from you, will you charge them the exact same amount you were charged, or adding any amount on?

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Hi Smokster,

1). ill you basically be allowing the interested person contact your dealership, so the dealer will transfer the paperwork to the new buyer ? If the order is a retail customer order with a COVP, the customer has to take delivery and register the van in their name. You can't switch it at the dealership. If customer does not take the Transit, it reverts back to the dealer and they can sell as they wish. Already been through this case on a 2022 model so you can argue it any way you wish, but that's how it works
2). Which would also allow the new buyer to purchase it for the same price as you would have been charged? No, the person who orders it has to take delivery and once they have it in their name. they can sell it for whatever price they wish. Same thing if dealer takes possessions if the initial buyer does not take it.

3). Or will they be buying it from you? You have to buy it from him...correct!
4). And if they will buy it from you, will you charge them the exact same amount you were charged, or adding any amount on? He can sell it at any price he wishes. At this point, it is considered a used/preowned vehicle so there is nothing to keep him from selling at the market price. Depending on the options on it, it may sell at a higher price beyond the normal market price. The ones that seem to bring the more money are the HR Extended AWD models and MR & HR Passenger vans.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Will be selling a new 2023 Transit AWD high roof extended, ecoboost in Oct.
White no windows, pretty much loaded
Being built by Ford in Sept and delivered in Oct
I ordered 2 and am selling this one.
More to follow if interested
I am in CA
Best to list the options you have on it. You will have to purchase it to have control for selling it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Best to list the options you have on it. You will have to purchase it to have control for selling it.
Hi Smokster,

1). ill you basically be allowing the interested person contact your dealership, so the dealer will transfer the paperwork to the new buyer ?
2). Which would also allow the new buyer to purchase it for the same price as you would have been charged?

3). Or will they be buying it from you?
4). And if they will buy it from you, will you charge them the exact same amount you were charged, or adding any amount on?

Thank you.
I am canceling the one order and the dealership has others interested apparently. Will wait for the one I originally ordered.
What’s another couple of months :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts