Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently purchased a 2016 Transit 350HD as a family and adventure vehicle. We are very excited about the future possibilities with this van. We just completed having a tow hitch with wiring installed this morning, then learned the hard way the we can no longer back straight into the driveway without the hitch receiver scrapping the cement 馃憣. So now currently looking into ways of getting an extra inch or 2 of ground clearance. Future plans for the van include installing external batteries and electrical system, installing a roof mounted tv for the kiddos, and much more.

Super Moderator
This is the fold down HDTV that was already in our Mid-Roof wagon when we got it used. Our LR wagon has a regular HDTV mounted off the driver B post. The kiddos will love what my grandsons call the van living room. Be sure to experiment with removing and moving seats around to suit your needs.

This weekend we were at a great park for a birthday party and these guys chose to hang out in the van instead, lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I've got a T350HD as well and put one of these on it to prevent any wear and tear to the bottom of the hitch receiver.

View attachment 132741
Thank you for taking the time to inform me! Already ordered it off Amazon, you saved me about $400! I was looking at the Van Compass rear lift kit thinking that was my only option, now I can wait to spend $1600 on the full Terrain lift kit later on 馃槅. If you don't mind, what tires do you have on your HD? I went into this thinking i would just slap on some BFG K02's but I quickly found out I knew even less than I thought I did. The DRW present a real conundrum for tire upgrades.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
This is the fold down HDTV that was already in our Mid-Roof wagon when we got it used. Our LR wagon has a regular HDTV mounted off the driver B post. The kiddos will love what my grandsons call the van living room. Be sure to experiment with removing and moving seats around to suit your needs.

View attachment 132753

View attachment 132752

View attachment 132754

This weekend we were at a great park for a birthday party and these guys chose to hang out in the van instead, lol
View attachment 132755
Thanks for the tips!

Super Moderator
If you don't mind, what tires do you have on your HD? I went into this thinking i would just slap on some BFG K02's but I quickly found out I knew even less than I thought I did. The DRW present a real conundrum for tire upgrades.
I'm still running the stock tires. When the time comes I'll probably go with the Michelin Agilis Cross Climate unless someone has figured out by then how to recalibrate the speedometer for larger tires. If that happens I'm going to look at finding an LT215/85-16 that is narrower than most, as there is quite a lot of variation in actual overall tire width between brands of the tire in the same size.

Here's some light reading for you... Here's a thread on Dually tires that fit the Transit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still running the stock tires. When the time comes I'll probably go with the Michelin Agilis Cross Climate unless someone has figured out by then how to recalibrate the speedometer for larger tires. If that happens I'm going to look at finding an LT215/85-16 that is narrower than most, as there is quite a lot of variation in actual overall tire width between brands of the tire in the same size.

Here's some light reading for you... Here's a thread on Dually tires that fit the Transit.
Thanks Again!

Registered
Not sure if it's an option for you, but the 4x4 up fit from Quigley or Quadvan raises the van about 2" giving you the clearance with the added bonus of four-wheel drive. Enjoy your adventures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts