Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total newbie here, quick rundown:

1: Looking to buy a class B motorhome (campervan). Thought the Dodge offering would be the be-all and end-all since Europeans use it... found where it was made, the fact that upfitting it looks fairly difficult due to the wheel well height, the low ground clearance, and other items. Not a bad vehicle, but the Transit is a step above on virtually every way.

2: Only have bought Fords except for a Honda I bought from a family member, which I traded in for a F-150 a week after I bought it, so she wouldn't have to worry about a trade-in.

3: I'm a "buy USA" type of person. I get grumpy when I encounter people who buy vehicles just because something foreign is "cooler"... and said people then wonder where the jobs go.

There is other stuff, but not really relevant.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.
have you seen the ram promaster?
Yep. Have looked at one personally that SMB is upfitting. They are decent rigs, but you get what you pay for. The wheel wheels are almost twice as high as the Sprinter's, the front end looks like the face of an animal that got Pirelli-pureed, and compared to the EB V-6, the Pentastar is last year's technology.

The ProMaster isn't bad. The price is right, it is the most popular European RV chassis out there, and they are building a very good dealer network. However, the Transit is a better in virtually every way.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
As mlts22 says, the PM I believe is going to be a lower end of the market good basic work vehicle. The Transit, even though I'm not a Ford guy, is going to be an awesome competitor to the Sprinter, and surpass it in many ways.
Wish it would have been available when we bought our class B rv last year. It makes me laugh when I tell people we didn't buy it because it was a Sprinter, we bought it because of the floor plan and features. The Sprinter guys are dumbfounded when I say that.
It's true....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts