Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We purchased a 2016 T350 a month or so ago (loving it) and want to get the factory side step for the cargo door. Apparently for the 2016 model year they've been discontinued. Does anybody know if the newer ones will retroactively fit? JK3Z-16450-BB is the part number I think for 2017 and up. Local dealer had no clue. Our van has some mounting studs already attached. I've tried searching and found a million threads on running boards but nothing this specific. Thanks

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
At one point when you ordered the side door running board, you got the flat molding that went above the running board by using a particular part number. Ford may have changed that since the combination of those parts were a lot cheaper than the part number for each one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The factory boards should fit all years if the studs are there.
That's what I thought, but the local dealer parts guy (and online parts stores) say that the newer part number is not backwards compatible to 2015-16. There is no longer a listing for the 2015-16 that I can find. I was just wondering if anyone had any direct experience in this before I drop a few hundred bucks on something that may not work. Thanks, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update for anybody looking for this info in the future: I went to a different dealer and the parts dude was much more helpful. He couldn't see why the newer style wouldn't fit on my van, so he brought in a set (part #JK3Z 16450 BB) with the proviso that I could return them if they didn't fit. Took less than 15 minutes to install and fit perfectly. The only possible "incompatibility" I could see is that the colour is a bit darker than the old mouldings on the side of the van. This could be because my van is about 5 years old and the original parts may have faded with time. Note that I had the mounting studs already on my van. The new step came with all hardware and new new plastic rocker mouldings for the entire side of the van, not just the piece above the step.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts