Ford Transit USA Forum banner

New interior items on the 2020 Transit

9K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  cosmicjumperalex 
#1 ·
A few NEW features on the 2020 Transit not listed or discussed before.

NEW driver side assist handle. So many Transit buyers wanted this and when I went to Ford over 2 years ago, they stated the wiring going to the rear of the van was in this area and they would have to redesign the pillar panel to accommodate adding the handle.

This was done for the 2020 model! NOW you have it on BOTH sides!

See less See more
#12 ·
.......cut....... A lot of the lady owners made this comment and I relayed it to Ford. ......cut.....
If looking for additional comments to relay, I’d suggest a de-tuned entry-level Diesel engine similar to those of European Transits. I’ve read that in Euro the +/- 130 horsepower engine choice is most popular across many brands. Even if in 160 to 170 HP range, a simpler and cheaper single turbo should be an option. The idea of twin turbos to get over 100 HP per liter may be undesirable for those who like the KISS principle.

#4 ·
Did not get a close direct picture for this one, but Ford did make a bypass for the Start/Stop feature that comes on the 3.5L EcoBoost and future 2.0L Diesel engine. See it on the far right side with the 'A' and circle 'O' around it.

Surprised it is not closer to the driver's area but past the Temperature dash control switch.

#13 ·
My 2019 Transit Connect has the switch and has to be pushed every time you start up and I forget until it cuts the engine the first time - I hate it and wish it were reversed where I had to push the button to engage the start/stop. There is a split second delay when you push the gas at a light and I hate that hesitation. I didn't even know what was going on for the first few drives - thought it needed to go for a repair.

#7 · (Edited)
A few NEW features on the 2020 Transit not listed or discussed before.

NEW driver side assist handle. So many Transit buyers wanted this and when I went to Ford over 2 years ago, they stated the wiring going to the rear of the van was in this area and they would have to redesign the pillar panel to accommodate adding the handle.

This was done for the 2020 model! NOW you have it on BOTH sides! View attachment 131338 View attachment 131340
My 2016 has Drivers Assist Handles mounted in the same location. Do you even own a Transit?

(Number 4)

#10 ·
My 2015 did not have one. Up fitter installed one for me. Great for helping me get positioned in seat. Wife loves being able to have something to grab onto when getting in or out when she's driving.

Semper Fi

#15 ·
Post #7, pic # 5 below Thread for mine.

Semper Fi

#18 ·
Here is a mention of it, The Grab handles may be omitted with certain option packages.

#32 ·
It may be possible to disable start/stop with FORScan, it is listed in the parameters for my 2018.

#33 ·
My wife's 2018 Expedition has the Start/Stop and unless I left foot brake, I get no hesitation because as soon as I release the brake, the engine (3.5 Ecoboost) starts and by the split second it takes to move my right foot to the accelerator pedal, it's ready to go.

When mine was getting the conversion done, I looked behind the driver's side A-pillar trim and there wasn't an easy way to mount an assist handle and there was a major wire harness there.

#34 ·
When mine was getting the conversion done, I looked behind the driver's side A-pillar trim and there wasn't an easy way to mount an assist handle and there was a major wire harness there.
73shark,

My up fitter had no problem installing one on the driver's side A-pillar. See Post # 15, this Thread.

Semper Fi

#37 ·
The 2020 version can't be disabled with 2019 and earlier software. A diesel shop tried to disable mine and found the van's computer has different settings than the earlier models.
The 2020 models have many things the same, yet quite a few differences as far as the technical things that get discussed in here. The computer setting parameters are a reflection of that. Eventually we may need some pre-2020 and post-2020 categories.

Reactions: sportcoupe
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.