Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm happy to find this forum,looking to replace my 2003 gmc Savanna that I'm using for interior carpentry work, it's been a good van but it's time to let it go and plus I need a bigger truck so I can put more tools in it, I went to look at the Promaster and the Nissan but I'm willing to wait for the transit I hope Ford dealers will take orders soon in the US.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've got two GMC vans and I too am waiting to see this new van. I would have bought another E150 last summer but couldn't bring myself to buy an antiquated van.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey @njhw welcome to the forum.

have you looked into any shelving or accessory options for the Ford Transit once you get your hands on it? I'm curious to know what other peoples' plans are for outfitting the interior of the van.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, the Savanna has been a good van but its getting too small and no room to put all my tools which I keep in boxes To answer your question tmillar I will do my own shelving to fit all the different sizes of boxes , and larger saws. I will definitely will get the loading area protection walls and floor I have it on my Savanna and it's very durable.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks guys, the Savanna has been a good van but its getting too small and no room to put all my tools which I keep in boxes To answer your question tmillar I will do my own shelving to fit all the different sizes of boxes , and larger saws. I will definitely will get the loading area protection walls and floor I have it on my Savanna and it's very durable.
You must have a lot of tools then, what sort of work do you do? How big are your boxes?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do interior trim built-ins and cabinet install I have quiet a few systainers that are different sizes , 2 large dewalt tough system boxes all three dewalt cordless nailers 18g, 16g, and framing, boxes with bulk hinges ,screws ,nails 2 shopvacs for table saw and miter saw 2 miter saw stands ,plus 1 helper with his own tools the list goes on and on I hate leaving stuff at home and the moment I need it it's not there ,so I need a bigger van.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts