Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Ford has had the 2 versions of the Transit Aluminum Wheels from 2015 to 2019, they have used the Blue Center Cap on all those wheels. Some buyers who have Transits with other exteriors like Black, Magnetic, Green Gem, and Race Red have been looking for a different center cap to replace the blue one.

I walked a large local Ford dealer on Thursday and tried to find a matching size center cap to replace the blue one from the Transit. Most of the wheels on other Ford vehicles are a larger size so the center caps tend to be larger than on the Transit. The smaller cars like the Fusion and the Mustang use the same blue center cap whether it is on a silver wheel or even the all black wheels which looks kind of funny having a blue center cap on a ALL BLACK wheel.

NO LUCK....with finding anything on the BIG lot. Then I went over to another lot that is smaller and where they unload the NEW arrivals. Walked through the lot with trying to match the small size of the Transit center cap....and WOW! I may have found one!

Went and placed a order for the Sliver/Chrome looking center cap that looks to be the same size as the Blue one for the Transit. I should get it next week so will see what is looks like and how it fits into the Transit Aluminum Wheels.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Maybe the rims and center caps were powder coated ?

Semper Fi
Yes, likely factory wheels powder coated black. I did that to mine. The center caps are not stock though. You can see mock
lug nuts on the cap. Here is a picture of the factory caps on mine. The stock caps are ugly.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Yes, likely factory wheels powder coated black. I did that to mine. The center caps are not stock though. You can see mock lug nuts on the cap. Here is a picture of the factory caps on mine. The stock caps are ugly.
palmer1991,

I lack the knowledge to blow up the pic and look at the center caps in post # 2,Look at the below link, starting at post #52. One of them looks similar, maybe you can get a better look.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since Ford has had the 2 versions of the Transit Aluminum Wheels from 2015 to 2019, they have used the Blue Center Cap on all those wheels. Some buyers who have Transits with other exteriors like Black, Magnetic, Green Gem, and Race Red have been looking for a different center cap to replace the blue one.

I walked a large local Ford dealer on Thursday and tried to find a matching size center cap to replace the blue one from the Transit. Most of the wheels on other Ford vehicles are a larger size so the center caps tend to be larger than on the Transit. The smaller cars like the Fusion and the Mustang use the same blue center cap whether it is on a silver wheel or even the all black wheels which looks kind of funny having a blue center cap on a ALL BLACK wheel.

NO LUCK....with finding anything on the BIG lot. Then I went over to another lot that is smaller and where they unload the NEW arrivals. Walked through the lot with trying to match the small size of the Transit center cap....and WOW! I may have found one!

Went and placed a order for the Sliver/Chrome looking center cap that looks to be the same size as the Blue one for the Transit. I should get it next week so will see what is looks like and how it fits into the Transit Aluminum Wheels.
would this fit the stock AWD cap too?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The wheel cap for the Forged Aluminum wheel would fit the stock argent silver painted AWD wheel by getting the correct lug nuts and the chrome looking center cap. I checked on the pricing for both the lug nuts and the center caps and they only come as a set of 4 for $385 and the lug nuts at $4.85 each.

So you would spend close to $400 just to cover up the center area of the argent painted wheel that would probably look better in a darker color, like matching it with the Magnetic Metallic exterior color of the Transit or even a darker color. With no current aftermarket wheels available for the AWD Transit, you might think about ordering the Forged Aluminum wheels on your Transit even though the $695 MSRP might be high, trying to make the stock AWD wheels look better may get you close to that price by the time you get the Ford dealer discount (if your purchasing dealer does that) and the other rebates you may get in the purchase.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the Aluminum wheel for the RWD Transit with the factory Blue center cap and then adding the Silver/Chrome center cap that is now coming on other Ford Aluminum wheels but not yet on the 2020 Transit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts