Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I too am new to the forum, and am about to order my 2021 T350 in canada.
I want a HD cargo van as my base, but my dealer says I need the 11,000 GVW van in order to get the factory swivels. Doesn't make sense to me.
Also says that I can't order the Right shift console yet?
Ideally I'd like the 9950 GVW HD model, with the 3.5 ecoboost with factory swivels and the R shift console .
Can anybody shed some light as to why I need the largest GVW in order to get swivels in a 2021 cargo van?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Canadian orders may be somewhat different from the USA orders.

Factory 4 way manual swivels show to be available in all of the Transit cargo vans

The Right Shifter relocation is not available to order yet for the USA model and it is showing a April 2021 availability on a few body styles. The F4X is the only one showing to have this option once they have it available to order

If I had the access to the Ford Transit Order Guide for Canadian built vehicles, I would know your answers. I have tried to get access to this but it is not available to any USA dealers.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,089 Posts
Based on what I can read in the Order Guide, the single rear wheels get a standard electric parking brake, and the duallies still get the floor mounted lever. You want a dually so then you are limited to a floor mounted brake.

To get swivels you need the optional push down parking brake. That is only available on the 11,000 GVWR model for whatever non sensical reason Ford has.

Two options.. Get the 11,000 GVWR and get what you want, or get the 9950 GVWR with nice power heated seats and buy aftermarket swivels and trim the plastic a little.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on what I can read in the Order Guide, the single rear wheels get a standard electric parking brake, and the duallies still get the floor mounted lever. You want a dually so then you are limited to a floor mounted brake.

To get swivels you need the optional push down parking brake. That is only available on the 11,000 GVWR model for whatever non sensical reason Ford has.

Two options.. Get the 11,000 GVWR and get what you want, or get the 9950 GVWR with nice power heated seats and buy aftermarket swivels and trim the plastic a little.
Thanks for your reply... are there any disadvantages in getting the higher GVWR van? I’m planning on lifting it and modifying the suspension anyways

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is a bit off topic but check if your province has a luxury vehicle sales tax. In BC its anything over 55k that is not considered a commercial vehicle, I opted to get a T250 and had to pay the luxury tax (3%), if I had gotten a T350 (which I was considering) I wouldn't have and it would have been a few hundred dollars cheaper despite paying more for a T350...

What I'm saying is it might be cheaper if you got the higher GVWR model but you would need to look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts