Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Forum and apologize if this question has been asked before but I'm about to order a 2020 Transit and would appreciate feedback on the specific options that are required/desired for a camper conversion. Most of the information that I've seen and greatly appreciated (Orton Transit, FarOutRide) were from prior model years and it seems like there is a fair amount of change with the Transit 2020 model year. I'm planning a fairly "typical" build with solar, refrig, vented windows, Maxxfan fan, AC (I live in the South), shore power, and platform bed.

The model and options that I'm leaning towards are: Cargo Van, High Roof Extended Length, 3.5L PFDi V6. Options include HD Trailer Tow package ($485), Upfitter Package ($610), Running Board ($310), 16" Aluminum Wheels ($425), 4way manual swivel seats ($1,385!), Cruise Control ($325), Blind Spot Info ($595), and Audio Pack 21 ($410) to get the larger 8" screen.

The options add a lot to the price of the vehicle but I don't want to pass up something now and regret it later. My specific questions:
  1. What am I overlooking? Are any of these options not needed or is there an option that I'm missing that I will want?
  2. What is the "Front and Rear Auxiliary A/C and Heater" option ($860) and do I need it? As I mentioned I live in the South so I'm planning in installing a Coleman Mach 8 AC unit which we will run off shore power when available but what is the Front/Rear Aux AC Heater option?
I appreciate everyone's posts and hope to contribute as my build proceeds.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome. You really need to talk to Eddie at Matt Ford, aka CrewVanMan on here.

He has the most information on the 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guess an important one you already know is AWD vs RWD?

I might suggest (because really these are all dependent on what you'd like) is the Dual Sliding doors with fixed windows (driver side and/or in back). Might even suggest the privacy windows too, especially if you're in the south, as that might help with temperatures due to UV rays.

If you're not always going to be on shore power, then consider the dual alternator too. Can't remember if that comes with the upfitter package though. It'll help charge the secondary battery you get with the upfitter package.

Also, not sure you can get the BLIS option with the cargo. My dealership fought me on this and told me it wasn't an option. He didn't explain why though, so it's possible it was due to some other config I had in place.

Lastly, this is not listed on the build site but I think it's a sweet upgrade: the extended fuel tank. It's 31 gallons and is a sub $300 option that I think makes a camper van driving a more enjoyable experience :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Ecoboost which makes the vehicle more enjoyable. If
Trailer package with brake controller since you never know if you will need it.
Both will aid resale value

·
Registered
320 Posts
Guess an important one you already know is AWD vs RWD?

I might suggest (because really these are all dependent on what you'd like) is the Dual Sliding doors with fixed windows (driver side and/or in back). Might even suggest the privacy windows too, especially if you're in the south, as that might help with temperatures due to UV rays.

If you're not always going to be on shore power, then consider the dual alternator too. Can't remember if that comes with the upfitter package though. It'll help charge the secondary battery you get with the upfitter package.

Also, not sure you can get the BLIS option with the cargo. My dealership fought me on this and told me it wasn't an option. He didn't explain why though, so it's possible it was due to some other config I had in place.

Lastly, this is not listed on the build site but I think it's a sweet upgrade: the extended fuel tank. It's 31 gallons and is a sub $300 option that I think makes a camper van driving a more enjoyable experience :)
Isn’t heat from infrared?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts