Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 350 12 seater wagon was delivered by the dealer yesterday, I found hail damage that was not
disclosed by the dealer.
I am pretty pissed right now.

I am Michigan and I financed it through the dealer.

Any advice as to my options here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There isn't any clearly you failed your due diligence on the purchase ! Even a clean car fax you should do a complete walk around ! Even so if it was on a medium or high roof who says they even knew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last year I attempted to buy a 2013 Ford F150 Platinum from 5 Star Ford of Carrolton Texas, suburb of Dallas. It was also "Certified." I was given the useless typical sales tactics, such as, "we have others interested in this vehicle," "it won't last long..." nonetheless it was above average sales pushing to move this truck. I did all Carfax stuff. Truck checked out perfect. But I told my wife that something is going on with this vehicle. I couldn't figure it out, confusing... My daughter, owning a State Farm agency, prompted me to ask her to do a extensive search on this truck. Having a data base that could give more knowledge to this vehicle. One hour prior to signing on this truck, she calls me with the insightful news that a $10,400 claim has been filed on the truck. Hail damage!!! Guess who, to this day denies any knowledge or wrong doing in this attempted "Ford Certified purchase?"

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hate to read this thread and the other threads on delivery damage.
I know how hard things are to spot in the sun (maybe its my eyes) but renting cars when they are wet after just washed etc on the walk around, hard to spot and hours later , hmmm scratch as well as windshield chip not visible in sun.
best recourse is publicity?
how would anyone know?! terrible
so sorry op
ps op, are you going to change dealers?
or I take it you already drove off lot?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Last year I attempted to buy a 2013 Ford F150 Platinum from 5 Star Ford of Carrolton Texas, suburb of Dallas. snipped
I did all Carfax stuff. Truck checked out perfect.
sniped?"

so how does an average person know if not related to your daughter lol or have your gut intuition?

I have heard many shortcomings to the carfaxes and true car et al. services

·
Registered
2 Posts
Albeit it is somewhat reassuring having someone in the insurance business to consult with. However, before purchasing anything preowned, I would talk with your insurance company about a Vin number search. That's what I did. They will have access to any claims filed on said vehicle... FWIW, the one thing that I kept going back to with respects to this truck giving me a confusing vibe was, all F150 Platinum's have the 4x4 decal on both sides of the rear fender. This shiny beautiful red truck didn't have these decals. Hence, they were obviously taken off to repair and paint, what must have been the entire truck of hail damage. Side note: the pure artistry of this dealership playing the "oblivious card," was theatrical.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There isn't any clearly you failed your due diligence on the purchase ! Even a clean car fax you should do a complete walk around ! Even so if it was on a medium or high roof who says they even knew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of it on top of the high roof,
Pre Delivery inspection on dealers part is too much to ask for ?

Buying a brand new car I am supposed to make sure if it does not have damage?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate to read this thread and the other threads on delivery damage.
I know how hard things are to spot in the sun (maybe its my eyes) but renting cars when they are wet after just washed etc on the walk around, hard to spot and hours later , hmmm scratch as well as windshield chip not visible in sun.
best recourse is publicity?
how would anyone know?! terrible
so sorry op
ps op, are you going to change dealers?
or I take it you already drove off lot?
I bought it already and they delivered it to me.
I got up on a ladder and inspected the top and it worse, the entire top is riddled with hail damage.
:(

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last year I attempted to buy a 2013 Ford F150 Platinum from 5 Star Ford of Carrolton Texas, suburb of Dallas. It was also "Certified." I was given the useless typical sales tactics, such as, "we have others interested in this vehicle," "it won't last long..." nonetheless it was above average sales pushing to move this truck. I did all Carfax stuff. Truck checked out perfect. But I told my wife that something is going on with this vehicle. I couldn't figure it out, confusing... My daughter, owning a State Farm agency, prompted me to ask her to do a extensive search on this truck. Having a data base that could give more knowledge to this vehicle. One hour prior to signing on this truck, she calls me with the insightful news that a $10,400 claim has been filed on the truck. Hail damage!!! Guess who, to this day denies any knowledge or wrong doing in this attempted "Ford Certified purchase?"
Wow, how can they get away with stuff like this!

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
I missed the part about it being new when I looked at this before with carfax and insurance inquiries discussed.

What has the dealer said about selling a new hail-damaged vehicle without disclosing it?
It seems that Ford should have some protocols in place.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so how does an average person know if not related to your daughter lol or have your gut intuition?

I have heard many shortcomings to the carfaxes and true car et al. services
1800-cleo or whatever that fortune teller thinggy was :)
, to avoid all ths stuff I went for a brand new one, arrrrrgh,

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My van probably is not the only that was damaged by hail.

I wonder what would be Ford's position on this. Should I contact Ford along with emailing dealer?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
stockrex

I made a contact to my guy in Dearborn. Did you buy the Transit on March 31st? That was the first day it was placed under warranty service.

I would be calling Ford Customer Service and riding the dealership General Manager and Dealer Principal/Owner every day! And be sure to start with the things I sent to you on your PM.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed the dealer/owner,
They called me/text me back.
They claim that they did not know that the van had any hail damage.
Their current offer is to "just" fix the dents.

I was reading about Alabama vs BMW,

So how is a hail damage vehicle processed by a dealer? Repaired and sold as a new vehicle?
How much of the vehicles value is diminished as it hail damaged?

CVM, Thanks the PM!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Tell them to fix the damage and make you a check for $5000 for diminished value on the Transit.

I would make them take it back or just go to your local TV station and let them know about it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Would you be willing to divulge the name of the dealer? I am also in Michigan and in the market for a transit and wuld like to stay far away from this dealer.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would you be willing to divulge the name of the dealer? I am also in Michigan and in the market for a transit and wuld like to stay far away from this dealer.
Lake,
Sure, Bill Marsh Ford in Kalkaska MI

Sorry, I was out in FL for Business.
I am in GR, are you close?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sent an email asking for them to help me make this right. Crickets, more crickets, nothing from them!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I sent an email asking for them to help me make this right. Crickets, more crickets, nothing from them!

stockrex,

Have you had any hail weather in your area since you picked up your van?

If not, gwt copies of the weather reports from your newspaper. Do as CVM suggests. Take it to the press.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well my case was due to lack of inspection in the middle of the day before taking the van off the lot.

After having the Dealer do a repair for a poor paint job on the right door frame that was a condition for
my purchase of the van, I later found more damage on the top left rear roof corner.

I kicked myself for not noticing this damage before taking it off the lot.

I had it repaired for $700.00 at a local body shop. GURRRRRRRRR!!!

Stay away from Chevy BUNNIN dealership in Santa Barbara, CA

1 - 20 of 28 Posts