Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a 3-year hiatus we again met our east coast friends whom we originally met on a Wednesday morning in a bar in Tonopah, NV. It was like no time had passed. We picked up conversations unfinished three years ago. They design and make high-end jewelry, have a history with the turquoise miners in Tonopah, and we like putting around on dirt roads. It’s a perfect match!

BlueMoon Mine turquoise
Blue-Moon-Turquoise.jpg

Royston Mine turquoise
Royston.jpg

Three years ago my wife found this - 57 carats of BlueMoon turquoise.
11667510_973077146068313_3811972518847823475_n.jpg

It is now a necklace,
IMG_0440.jpg

This year we explored the new Thunderbird Mine. It’s early yet. Down in a 20ft pit, picking turquoise nuggets out of the pit wall, trying to find and follow a trail to a larger vein. Looks like it goes down and to the right.
IMG_0434.jpg

Vertical lines on the pit wall are precise gentle teeth marks from the excavator bucket.
IMG_0429.jpg

If you’ve seen TV shows of the Alaska gold miners or the Colorado crystal miners, you’ll like Turquoise Fever premiering on INSP channel this August. The multi-generational Otteson family takes you into the world of gem-quality turquoise mining. Check your local listings for INSP channel. Set your DVR or whatever the kids call it these days.
Turquoise-Fever.jpg

Turquoise Fever Series Premiere | AUGUST 2019 - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIILT873UDc&frags=pl,wn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts