Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Would you mind providing some info on how you did the battery tie downs?

Is it to the 8020 or through the floor?

Thanks

Harry
1/2 bb ply board as base.

Router out an inch by 1/2 inch hole on the plywood just inside the inner face extrusion. So the outer hole edge is the edge of the extrusion on the inside.

Loop cams trap over

Then L channel with carpet as the wedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The bb ply is attached to the extrusion in only one spot because the L channel push bar is also attached to extrusions through the bb ply.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
The bb ply is attached to the extrusion in only one spot because the L channel push bar is also attached to extrusions through the bb ply.

Thanks.

I am building up a somewhat similar over the wheel well system (prototype stage).

The battery tie down aspect can be tricky. I have been toying with the idea of using T nuts in the extrusion slot as the strap mounting points.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks.

I am building up a somewhat similar over the wheel well system (prototype stage).

The battery tie down aspect can be tricky. I have been toying with the idea of using T nuts in the extrusion slot as the strap mounting points.
I had the same though, but this will create dead space.

Because the bolt down location have to have certain amount of clearance making the width wider.

My battery actually sit on the strap about a 1/4 of an inch on both sides. When they sit inside the width of the extrusion you can push against the extrusion with the L channel. If not you’ll need lateral support as well

21 - 26 of 26 Posts