Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Started loading the modules back into the van today. Here are some shots of the 9 drawer module that we built. It fits under the bed and creates the front wall of an under-bed "garage" for bikes, backpacks, self rescue kit and other stuff that seems to accumulate. So it needed to be strong enough to absorb the impact of anything that gets loose in the event of a crash. It also needed to be light - as I'm obsessed with weightr.

We built it out of 3 plastic stackable 3 drawer units, that my wife found at Target. They are polypropylene, so I welded it all into a solid structure with polypropylene hot glue sticks and built an aluminum frame around the back for extra strength. Having 9 readily accessible drawers for clothes, and general storage turned out to be one of the most important features of the build. I needed to keep the upper sides clear so that I cal load my windsurfing kit, when its windsurfing season. By accident, this has made the van seem much less claustrophobic and a lot more open.

The photos's show the drawer module and then the module with our MOB bed fitted back in.
20200202_111225.jpg
20200202_111144.jpg
20200202_111154.jpg
20200202_123525.jpg
20200202_123555.jpg
20200202_123610.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Forgot to mention, we are helping Aluminess test prototypes for their door mounted wheel carrier and ladder. This trip gave them both a serious workout and both held up well with zero issues.
Do the accessories impact how far the doors open? Do you have any pictures of the doors fully opened (past 90°)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
your kitchen/fridge module appears to have a water spigot on top. if so, where is the water tank? and I assume, you just use some kind of tub with the water, to wash dishes, or whatever.
thx in advance. go

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
your kitchen/fridge module appears to have a water spigot on top. if so, where is the water tank? and I assume, you just use some kind of tub with the water, to wash dishes, or whatever.
thx in advance. go
I have a 14 gallon water tank and pump under the floor. The pressurized output feeds the spray/faucet on the module and the solar heater on the roof. We this for cooking, coffee and have a bowl for washing indoors.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts