Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some discussion on this but I was really expecting Ford to publish some numbers by now since they are in production. Has anyone seen anything? What are dealers saying?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Haven't seen anything yet, what I will be willing to wait for are real world numbers published by real owners.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've run some quick calcs and based on a few cursory assumptions, I believe the gas powered van will run around 17mpg at 65 mph. Of course there could be a huge swing based on speed, head wind, grades, loading, high/med/low roof, etc. I can do better once I have more data on the Cd for the transit. For now I'm using the Econoline as a proxy for drag... I would hope the Transit is better.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm more interested in what the mpg is like when the Ford Transit is carrying a bunch of weight. That is going to be what most people are using the Transit for, so that mpg number is going to be more useful and relevant for people.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm more interested in what the mpg is like when the Ford Transit is carrying a bunch of weight. That is going to be what most people are using the Transit for, so that mpg number is going to be more useful and relevant for people.
Maybe so, but no one can answer your question since there is too much variability in the assumptions. How much weight, how much stop and go, how many hills, how do you accelerate? I wouldn't expect much over 13 in town loaded with a gasser, maybe 16 with the diesel. The transit may be improved over the econoline, but the laws of physics didn't change.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Ford Global Ranger with the I-5 diesel is rated @ 28mpg. (us gallon)didn't specify if rating was for the manual 6 or auto 6 speed. So what do you speculate the fuel economy of the van is?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Ford Global Ranger with the I-5 diesel is rated @ 28mpg. (us gallon)didn't specify if rating was for the manual 6 or auto 6 speed. So what do you speculate the fuel economy of the van is?
The Global Ford Ranger on Fuelly gets a lot less then 28 US and most of them have standard transmissions.
2013 Ford Ranger MPG Reports | Fuelly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts