Ford Transit USA Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2020 148" ext. HR cargo with all around windows, AWD, eco boost
10 Posts
Have not seen any of the 2020 Transit owners with AWD post anything about their MPG ratings. We know the base rear axle ratio is the 3.73 Limited Slip rear axle and with the 10 speed transmission, it has the final comparative ending ratio to the 3.31 ratio with the 6 speed automatic transmission on the 2015-19 RWD models.
We have a 202 350 eco AWD. 148" ext hi roof. We get 19 to 20.5 MPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have not seen any of the 2020 Transit owners with AWD post anything about their MPG ratings. We know the base rear axle ratio is the 3.73 Limited Slip rear axle and with the 10 speed transmission, it has the final comparative ending ratio to the 3.31 ratio with the 6 speed automatic transmission on the 2015-19 RWD models.
We have a 2021 AWD E250 medium roof Transit. We drove cross country on vacation. Approximately 7,800 miles. We averaged 17mpg.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I recently did a trip from Tahoe to the Bay area. About 3.5 hours, net loss of around 6,000ft in elevation. All highway, got 16.6 average going down driving about 74 MPH most of the time on HR EL AWD with Lift and Roof Fan + AC. Stock tires. Got maybe 14.5 mpg going up mostly at 65 mph. I cringe thinking what it's going to be like once I put All terrain Tires and roof rack on, and another 2500lbs inside

·
Registered
501 Posts
I recently did a trip from Tahoe to the Bay area. About 3.5 hours, net loss of around 6,000ft in elevation. All highway, got 16.6 average going down driving about 74 MPH most of the time on HR EL AWD with Lift and Roof Fan + AC. Stock tires. Got maybe 14.5 mpg going up mostly at 65 mph. I cringe thinking what it's going to be like once I put All terrain Tires and roof rack on, and another 2500lbs inside
My friend has a medium roof, and adding a roof rack was the biggest hit to highway mileage by far. Knocked a solid 3mpg off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2020 250 twin turbo Eco AWD . 67k miles/19 months city/hwy loaded 50% of the time with a ton+ of cargo
17.9 with factory tires/ stock suspension
15.9 with 255/70 BFG KO2 with 2" van compas lift.
I suspect closer to 17 accounting for the increased circumference of the aftermarket tire size.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2021 T350 Passenger, mid roof,AWD ecoboost, 18 mpg, loaded with the 6 of us, camping gear, and a full bike rack on the back. This was on our trip from South Carolina to Utah and back with lots of highway miles and a good bit of mountain driving in CO and UT. The dash and Fuelly app were very close on mpg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2020 250 twin turbo Eco AWD . 67k miles/19 months city/hwy loaded 50% of the time with a ton+ of cargo
17.9 with factory tires/ stock suspension
15.9 with 255/70 BFG KO2 with 2" van compas lift.
I suspect closer to 17 accounting for the increased circumference of the aftermarket tire size.
How do you like that Van Compass lift?

·
Registered
2021 Cargo T350 EL High roof AWD Ecoboost
566 Posts
I am amazed at everyone getting over 14mpg. I have a 2021 HR Extended. The best I've seen from it is 15mpg. My last few fills have been 13-13.5mpg. All calculated by tracking mileage and gallons filled at the pump. Stock tires and suspension, but 3 big solar panels on an 8020 roof rack. I generally don't exceed 70mph, but I do spend a fair amount in traffic / city since most of my usage is to my workshop and back. However even on drives outside of the city it doesn't seem to improve much.

·
Premium Member
2021 R2X high roof long carbonized gray - TURBOCHARGED!
746 Posts
I track every fill up with fuelly, so I'm pretty confident about the 16.0mpg it says I'm at. We were hemming and hawing about solar but decided, in part, to skip due to the potential mpg hit.

I will say putting it in Eco each time I start the van, you can see the improvement in efficiency (and decrease in performance).

·
Registered
2021 Cargo T350 EL High roof AWD Ecoboost
566 Posts
I track every fill up with fuelly, so I'm pretty confident about the 16.0mpg it says I'm at. We were hemming and hawing about solar but decided, in part, to skip due to the potential mpg hit.

I will say putting it in Eco each time I start the van, you can see the improvement in efficiency (and decrease in performance).
I've tried Eco for awhile, it resulted in a very minor improvement and a more sluggish feeling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do you like that Van Compass lift?
Im 95% on paved roads. Handling and ride quality have improved over stock. Only 1 issue... if you can call it that. When encountering an abrupt drop off in the road (curb, pot hole) there is a clunk noise, Im guessing it is when the suspension travel reaches max droop and encounters the bump stop, since that amount is less than factory as it now operates in the bottom area of full travel. ...has happened less than a handful of times in 15k miles. Not sure how this would affect a van used for mostly trails, unless traveling at a higher rate of speed than a crawl up rugged or undulating trails.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im 95% on paved roads. Handling and ride quality have improved over stock. Only 1 issue... if you can call it that. When encountering an abrupt drop off in the road (curb, pot hole) there is a clunk noise, Im guessing it is when the suspension travel reaches max droop and encounters the bump stop, since that amount is less than factory as it now operates in the bottom area of full travel. ...has happened less than a handful of times in 15k miles. Not sure how this would affect a van used for mostly trails, unless traveling at a higher rate of speed than a crawl up rugged or undulating trails.
Thanks, the transit alteady rides so much better than my old sprinter, sounds like this lift is really nice. The van compass guys hooked me up with so Fox shocks that helped the Sprinter alot. They know their stuff

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am amazed at everyone getting over 14mpg. I have a 2021 HR Extended. The best I've seen from it is 15mpg. My last few fills have been 13-13.5mpg. All calculated by tracking mileage and gallons filled at the pump. Stock tires and suspension, but 3 big solar panels on an 8020 roof rack. I generally don't exceed 70mph, but I do spend a fair amount in traffic / city since most of my usage is to my workshop and back. However even on drives outside of the city it doesn't seem to improve much.
Anecdotally, but roof racks have a MAJOR hit on highway mileage. A friend of mine with a medium roof said her highway mileage went from 18 to 14 after she got the roof rack and solar panels.

High roof vans seem especially sensitive to speed. 60mph can get a stock van close to 20mpg, but approach 75 and it drops to 14.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts