Ford Transit USA Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
146 Posts
Update after just over 4000 miles on our 2020 148” HR cargo van, stock tires and EcoBoost. Indicated (yeah, I know ...) cumulative mileage is 16.6 US mpg. Mostly Highway trips, many Sierra pass crossings at 8000-9000’, some urban, some dirt roads etc. About half of this mileage has been with California winter gas, all 87 octane. I try to limit Highway speed to 65-70 mph but with freeway flow of traffic and EcoBoost HP it’s easy to find myself exceeding 80.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cruised to Salem Oregon from Troutdale, Loven it. 17.6mpg at steady 70mph. 800miles in. Carpeted indoor outdoor carpet front to cargo area, with grey carpet from Lowes, with harbour freight moving blankets underneath for padding , sound deaden nicely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have not seen any of the 2020 Transit owners with AWD post anything about their MPG ratings. We know the base rear axle ratio is the 3.73 Limited Slip rear axle and with the 10 speed transmission, it has the final comparative ending ratio to the 3.31 ratio with the 6 speed automatic transmission on the 2015-19 RWD models.
I have a 2020 AWD 250 mid roof 3.5 NA engine 3.73 limited slip. Right now is empty but plan van build starting in warmer weather. It's cold in Pa since my purchase on January 2nd. Transit sits outside as it doesn't fit in my garage. Twice daily 5 minute warm ups. I have 1200 miles so far and averaging 15 mpg in about 60% city,40% highway ,18 mile drive to work. Recent non stop highway trip of 200 miles yielded 16.1 according to dash computer. Not sure how accurate it is. Haven't done miles÷gallons calculations to see it accurate. It's not broken in as far as I am concerned so it may improve?

·
Registered
14 Posts
2020 HR 350 Cargo AWD empty with1,300 miles of highway driving across the Midwest at 65mph on cruise control. 87 octane. Temps varied between 6 degrees and 28 degrees. I calculated each tank based on the trip odometer divided by gallons to fill the van. 1st tank was 15mpg, 2nd tank was 16mpg and 3rd tank 15mpg.

·
Registered
2020 148 HR 250 converted by AVC RIG
5 Posts
Just got back from a 3800 mile trip from Mn to FL and back. Mostly Highway driving, but when in Florida just around for ~5 days. 2020 HR 3.5 Ecoboost 250. Interstate speeds 68-75 depending on speed limit.

Averaged 14.0

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yesterday I had a good extended highway trip with pretty flat road. My average computer estimated MPG is pretty poor (13.9) in an unloaded HR EL AWD Ecoboost.
On the highway, I reset the trip computer and was getting around 19.4 MPG going 70 MPH +/- 4mph. When I bumped the speed up to 82-83 MPH, the average for the trip went down to 16 MPG or so so pretty big hit.

This was using ECO mode, which actually seemed to make a difference on the highway. Pretty happy with those numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pulling a travel trailer in tow haul mode, weight of trailer 4800lbs and getting 16.3mpg by computer dash read out. Went up 6% grade and mpg dropped to14mpg, shift points brought up rpm to around 3000rpm but leveled out to 2300 climbing. Only feel travel trailer behind me when driving over deep bumps and checking my mirrors, otherwise smooth ride, rides nicer loaded cargo area over back axle. Smooth

·
Registered
2021 Cargo 130" MR AWD Ecoboost
67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back from cross country trip. 9800miles. Loaded van with more weight for the trip back from Florida. Total weight around 4600 travel trailer and van loaded with 900lbs of humans and dogs, 3000watt generator 1.6portable washer and .9dryer, compost toilet, and around 500lbs of food and water. Mpgs stayed at 12.9 to 13 no matter how I drove and what mode I was in. Van drives nicer loaded but realized I prefer better gas mileage over smoother ride. 2020 crew van awd ecoboost. Changed oil and noticed filter locted on driver side and in verticle position making oil change easier and cleaner than other 3.5 ecoboost with filter in horizontal position. Also notice that drive shaft has no rubber coupler from transmission to shaft its a solid piece. So far very happy with 350 Crew van did well. Noticed van sway when disconnnecred from trailer and empty when in windy areas more so than when connected to trailer or loaded with stuff in cargo area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 350 HR CARGO AWD 148" 3.5 ECOBOOST
29 Posts
Have not seen any of the 2020 Transit owners with AWD post anything about their MPG ratings. We know the base rear axle ratio is the 3.73 Limited Slip rear axle and with the 10 speed transmission, it has the final comparative ending ratio to the 3.31 ratio with the 6 speed automatic transmission on the 2015-19 RWD models.
I have 2020 T350 AWD ECO-Boost not built out yet as camper 4500 mi. So my driving is unloaded. I get as much as 17+ on an open road trip to the Whites in NH from MA. This includes smaller roads and hilly terrain as well as the hwy at 65-70. I've seen a bit over 18 via the on board interface. My actual fill-up calculations are a bit under the on board number usually but 17+ seems real. With more driving around town 16 mpg seems to be the number for me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same same here, empty 16.9 to 17mpg. But loaded up, 13mpgs what it was, loaded for a week or two of boondocking and family of five comfort. Stayed at military Famcamps, which is RV slips for military personal and retirees and drove from base to base when possible and when not stayed at RV sites from a few States. Next cross country trip definitely shedding the unnecessary as going I averaged 15.5mpg to 16mpg loaded, but when in Florida bought a washer and dryer for the van and loaded my fresh water tank and had about 50 gallons of fresh water for our needs. Had everything needed to do extended stays in the desert but payed the price in mpgs loaded to the hilt. Mpgs also onboard calculated. On scale van and trailer together was around 10500ish lbs...... Through the passes or flats same mpgs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2020 150 LR Pass XLT AWD 3.5L V6 gas 10-speed. 16,500 miles at 19.5-20.5 on computer. Mostly freeway trips, OR to TX and back, OR to FL and back, OR to CA and back and several OR NF trips.
Removed the seats and installed sound and thermal insulation from drivers seat back.

·
Registered
2020 350 XLT AWD LR 148" 3.5L Eco
104 Posts
I'll chime in on non-highway mileage since I use my 2020 350 XLT 3.5 ecoboost 3.73 ltd slip low roof passenger van as a daily driver for city driving. I am about to hit 5k in total miles and based on actual gallons used, my lifetime MPG is 13.72. I've taken a few 2-3 hour road trips around me and those specific trips hit 16 MPG. I have 2 rows of upgraded seats and the rest is empty (for now). My dashboard computer is routinely higher than my calculated MPG, but I assume both are just relative measures. I typically use regular unleaded and drive in eco mode.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts