Ford Transit USA Forum banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the most part I used 1/4 x 20 stainless with flats , and nylock nuts anywhere I could contort a hand or tool in on the backside.
Anywhere there was no access I used riv nut inserts.

The Lock N Load's are a lot like the Baxley type chalks I have but my only issue is once you start angling bikes in they take up a lot of floor space and you are unable to get the bikes exactly where you want them. I used them exclusively in my old van and loved them.

That mini bulkhead also has removed any kind of flex the van seemed to have or oil can type noises from the vast sheet metal panels.
we have tried a lot of different wheel chock systems, the latest being the lock and load- not a fan!! Lots of slop and wild have a lot of metal shavings under the foot pegs. Our current setup is the Bolt it on. It’s fully customizable and can do big bikes all the way to mountain bikes. It’s a rad system!! Install is quick and easy. We bought the angled mounts to load 3 bikes in our van. It’s slick!! Scott is the designer and owners name, he’ll treat ya good!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice, glad to see this build continue to evolve. This van was an inspiration to me before I even had my van, mine still isn't as pretty inside but it's getting there!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I am loving this build. Question on the L-track... are those vertical pieces adding support? Or are they serving another purpose? I am debating picking up the Adventure Wagon L-track brackets, but I don't necessarily need vertical L-track. Is it safe to mount directly to the van like that and have the bed + ~2 people's weight?
Sorry for the delay , the vertical L track just help to tie other things down along the walls and also break the panels up into manageable sections. I’m sure they do add some structural for the top rail but it was just so it could be versatile in being able to secure items.

Lots of stuff gas changed I’ll have to update this build thread when I have some spare time.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts