Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Motorcycle Ramp with winch assist

16K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DC1278 
#1 ·
This may be covered somewhere else on the Forum and if so please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I recently purchased a 2015 148 Mid Roof T250 with a 3.5 Eco Booth engine. Only 5000 miles on it and so far so good with 20 MPG on the highway. My intent is to make a basic Moto van to haul around my BMW GS Adventure and add basic sleeping accommodations for for a 1 or 2 night say.

There are a ton of great and creative ideas here and many I plan on using but I was hoping for some help on getting the GSA in AND out of the van safely. Since this bike is just shy of 600lbs it is getting a little to difficult to power it up the ramp at this point in my life so I'm looking to add a winch to assist. I have seen a few setup, mostly used by pickup trucks but only 1 example in the Transit, and that was mounted on a steel petition. The issue I'm having how to install a winch high enough up so that it can pull the front fork with out binding. The roof pillars just don't look like they would take the load of installing a winch. the other idea I had was to use a snatch block, again mounted on the roof pillars.

My current ramps are the 10ft Big Boy from Discount Ramps http://www.discountramps.com/motorc...-80512109302&gclid=COu0i7ufiM8CFdKIfgodpJoJhg.

I would be interested in any suggestions or comments.
Thanks in advance

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have a picture of what something like this would be made out of? I'm having a hard time visualizing how do do this type if mod.

Thanks, Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.