Ford Transit USA Forum banner

More updates about 2022 Transit orders going to a 2023 order with Private Offer

1388 14
Getting more information on some of the questions I asked after getting the NEW information on the Private Offer.

Here is the answer to one of those questions.....

QUESTION: I had a lot of Transit customers who ordered their Transit from other Ford dealers who were dissatisfied with the service and communication they had with that dealership and are coming to me wanting to place a 2023 order. Will they be able to get the Private Offer with us or will they have to go through their originating Ford dealer to get the Private Offer.

ANSWER: The Transit customer would have to have a 2022 Transit order through a Ford dealer and it would have to have been done with a confirmed COVP sent and confirmed at Ford. You can access this information through the Ford SMART Vincent system that would have the customer information. The COVP certification is not linked to the dealer specifically but to the customer and that is what you would use to get the Private Offer for your new customer.

QUESTION: Is there a deadline for having the 2023 Transit orders coming from a 'unscheduled' 2022 order going into the Ford order system?

ANSWER: YES, there is a November 2nd, 2022 deadline date that is the last day this information has to be in the Ford system. That includes the preview order being sent to the Ford system for scheduling as well as a confirmed COVP for the 2023 Transit order. Best not to wait on the last day to get this information posted to the Ford site as not meeting this date requirement may keep your customer from getting the Private Offer.
Reactions: eherran
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
U8U T350, HR, 148 ext, AWD, silver, leather, sync 4 nav, bliss 1.0, passive entry/start, and more.
27 Posts
What is the process for getting a private offer? I was balanced out on my 22 and have a new 23 order placed and confirmed via ford email. Thanks for the input!

Reactions: eherran

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting more information on some of the questions I asked after getting the NEW information on the Private Offer.

QUESTION: I had a lot of Transit customers who ordered their Transit from other Ford dealers who were dissatisfied with the service and communication they had with that dealership and are coming to me wanting to place a 2023 order. Will they be able to get the Private Offer with us or will they have to go through their originating Ford dealer to get the Private Offer.

ANSWER: The Transit customer would have to have a 2022 Transit order through a Ford dealer and it would have to have been done with a confirmed COVP sent and confirmed at Ford. You can access this information through the Ford SMART Vincent system that would have the customer information. The COVP certification is not linked to the dealer specifically but to the customer and that is what you would use to get the Private Offer for your new customer.

QUESTION: Is there a deadline for having the 2023 Transit orders coming from a 'unscheduled' 2022 order going into the Ford order system?

ANSWER: YES, there is a November 2nd, 2022 deadline date that is the last day this information has to be in the Ford system. That includes the preview order being sent to the Ford system for scheduling as well as a confirmed COVP for the 2023 Transit order. Best not to wait on the last day to get this information posted to the Ford site as not meeting this date requirement may keep your customer from getting the Private Offer.

So the new dealer would be able to bring up the COVP tracking number just based on the information that is on the preview order sheet? Because I only have the order code from the preview order... Thanks!

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ed - called Ford today and they said to make sure you dealer has submitted the paper work for COVIP. For those of us ordering through you at Crossley Ford I guess this has been done?
If they gave you the certificate number, then your order was sent to them and approved. We will be submitting your 2023 COVP information as well for your order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is the process for getting a private offer? I was balanced out on my 22 and have a new 23 order placed and confirmed via ford email. Thanks for the input!
I placed my order on 8/1 and still haven't gotten a confirmation email even though I did with my 2022, dealer confirmed my email was attached to the order. Ford Marketing confirmed I'm Unscheduled - Clean right now. Read various threads about it and it sounds like it's random but also seems like a lot of the people on this forum get them. @CrewVanMan do you know if the confirmation email is still completely random?

·
Registered
U5X HR 350HD AWD Pass ordered 10/15. Had a 18' 150 MR Pass, then 19' 350 MR Pass.
12 Posts
I placed an order Oct 15th of 2021, I received the confirmation email, and even received the March delay email. I have proof of both with my signed preview order. Problem is, dealer never signed me up for COVP. Order was unscheduled/clean for a long time until it was balanced out 3 weeks ago. I placed the same order through another dealer. Will I still get the $6000 offer?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I placed an order Oct 15th of 2021, I received the confirmation email, and even received the March delay email. I have proof of both with my signed preview order. Problem is, dealer never signed me up for COVP. Order was unscheduled/clean for a long time until it was balanced out 3 weeks ago. I placed the same order through another dealer. Will I still get the $6000 offer?
Thanks for any input.
Call Ford to verify your original dealer did not send in your order to get COVP approval. Without it, you won't be able to get the Private Offer.

·
Registered
U5X HR 350HD AWD Pass ordered 10/15. Had a 18' 150 MR Pass, then 19' 350 MR Pass.
12 Posts
My
Call Ford to verify your original dealer did not send in your order to get COVP approval. Without it, you won't be able to get the Private Offer.
My dealer was an ass and told me in June that he didn’t need to because this is the way he’s been doing for 25 years. Although he took a copy of my id and my deposit check with my name and address. This sucks. My original dealer screwed me twice on this one. Is there a Ford number I can call other than the marketing number?

·
Registered
134 Posts
My

My dealer was an ass and told me in June that he didn’t need to because this is the way he’s been doing for 25 years. Although he took a copy of my id and my deposit check with my name and address. This sucks. My original dealer screwed me twice on this one. Is there a Ford number I can call other than the marketing number?
Was this in June of 2021?

So by not submitting the order via COVP, the dealer in Tustin just cost you $6,000? There has got to be some way to get the private offer with proof of your order that was balanced out even though someone screwed up and didn't go through the COVP.

That's gut wrenching if there's no work-around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts