Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We are in the process of pricing out a 2016 Transit XLT 3.5EB LWB MR 12 passenger and from Ford's site it's difficult to understand what radio option is required to have Bluetooth functionality with our phones. Do we need to go all the way to SYNC or does the $195 option get us bluetooth functionality?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2,243 Posts
Or, you can just by a Garmin Nav system with bluetooth and by-pass all of Fords selections.

Semper Fi

· Registered
373 Posts
I have the same question. I want the BT for phone use, answering/making calls etc. But am only interested in the AM/FM with aux input so I can use my iPod/phone for tunes. I will use a Garmin for nav duty.

The options list doesn't spell this out very well.

Any additional input very welcome.

· Registered
373 Posts
After reading the Owner's Manual it appears you must have the SYNC option in order to do a Bluetooth phone connection.

Has anybody else found otherwise? The option package to get SYNC is stupid expensive. I can't believe Ford is not offering BT on a more base audio package. This would be very popular with guys who use their van for work.

Here's a screen shot of that page.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We believe the $595 option contained bluetooth functionality based on discussions with our dealer. We ended up getting the SYNC 3 system instead for the larger backup camera, but the $595 option may contain enough of the functionality you're looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.