Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scoop on this combo just incase anyone's wondering. If you go this route, you'll need small diameter long lug nuts as the stock ones are too large in diameter to fit inside the bore's on the wheels. (you need the long ones for sure.. I tried the shorty's and the threads got buried before they even touched the wheel.)

I went from stock wheels with 255/70/16 KO2's (30.1" OD) that did not rub at all to this set-up at 30.5" OD. (the 255's don't rub with stock suspension or the 2" lift) The new set required trimming the bottom of the front bumper as well as the "pinch weld". The pinch weld trimming is not really that, it is really just the folded metal that overhangs the actual seam. I don't believe that trimming this will have any effect on anything. the trim is approx 2" long and I only took off about 1/8" of material. I threw some touch up paint on what I cut and called it a day.

The 245/70/17's rubbed on my van which is 2" taller than standard on the front end so I'm assuming that this would be really tight with a stock height front end.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,331 Posts
Tight fit. Based on actual calculations, keeping in mind that tire size data from manufacturers is rarely accurate, this setup is 3mm closer to the suspension components on the back of the rim, the front of the rim sticks out 23mm more than the OEM, and the tire sticks out 15mm more than OEM.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks good. I've got the same size wheels and tires. XD Wheels with Toyo Open Country tires..

What 2 in. lift do you have? I've been waiting it out to see if anyone comes up with a 2in leveling kit...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks really good! I've got Method 701's and K02's on order with Agile Offroad in San Diego. (Along with Foes 2" lift) They'll go on as soon as my van is delivered from Ford. Looking forward to it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts