Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chuffed to finally get Method's 901s wrapped with The Black Pearl's summer skins. I've been waiting for the release of their Transit Dually fittment and they did not disappoint.

#methodracewheels

· Registered
2021 Ford Transit 148" AWD 3.5L MR Passenger
37 Posts
Is the offset/backspacing the same for the single rear wheel as the front dually wheel?

In other words, will if I were to order 4 of the Method 901 Ford Transit Van Dually Wheel front wheels, would they be the correct spec for all 4 wheels on the SRW AWD Transit?

· Registered
393 Posts
Is the offset/backspacing the same for the single rear wheel as the front dually wheel?

In other words, will if I were to order 4 of the Method 901 Ford Transit Van Dually Wheel front wheels, would they be the correct spec for all 4 wheels on the SRW AWD Transit?
There's some conversation about this topic going on in this thread : 2020 AWD aftermarket wheels

Based on the numbers it seems like the front-wheel versions of these should work at least as well as the Ultra 003's that have been on the market for a while. They're slightly narrower (6" vs. 6.5") and the offset has them set slightly more outboard than the stock wheels, but much less so than the Ultras.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey Fat-Tire, what lug nuts did you use? I'm in the process of installing the Method 901's on our 2016 and I don't get much thread engagement with the stock lug nuts.

Chuffed to finally get Method's 901s wrapped with The Black Pearl's summer skins. I've been waiting for the release of their Transit Dually fittment and they did not disappoint.

View attachment 158144 View attachment 158145 View attachment 158146

#methodracewheels

Attachments

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Fat-Tire, what lug nuts did you use? I'm in the process of installing the Method 901's on our 2016 and I don't get much thread engagement with the stock lug nuts.
I used the OEM lugs per Method’s recommendation but they definitely had a deeper bite than the pic you posted. .
I bought the AWD Dually version that had just become available for the 2020 (I think there is a different model wheel for AWD SRW and I’m unsure about model year compatibility).
There was some delay in them coming back to me suggesting the OEM lugs were correct and a lug kit was not available for the 2020 AWD Dually

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
2022 T350HD #11000 Avalanche Gray
895 Posts
@Brandon i know you want to. 😀 keep the spend fest going lol
Did you miss the post.
just not installing them yet.
The spend fest is slowing way down now as I have most of the big stuff.
Gas Font Drink Box Liquid

· Registered
2 Posts
@Fat-Tire thanks for photo and extra info. We bought our 2016 used so I'm not sure if the factory had shorter studs that year or we just have aftermarket ones.

Method still insists thatI use the factory lugs, which won't work. Since I don't feel like replacing all my studs, or the hub assembly, I plan to use some grade 10 flange bolts as my lug nuts. They did confirm that under no circumstances should you use cone seat/tapered lug nuts for these wheels. Just posting all this here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

· Registered
4 Posts
@Fat-Tire thanks for photo and extra info. We bought our 2016 used so I'm not sure if the factory had shorter studs that year or we just have aftermarket ones.

Method still insists thatI use the factory lugs, which won't work. Since I don't feel like replacing all my studs, or the hub assembly, I plan to use some grade 10 flange bolts as my lug nuts. They did confirm that under no circumstances should you use cone seat/tapered lug nuts for these wheels. Just posting all this here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Hi Quasi - Did you upsize tires on your 2016 DRW with the Method 901's? What did you go with? Getting ready to put the wheels on my 2018 DRW and deciding on tires. I have the stock Hankook 195/75/R16C's on currently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts