Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super newbie here - I have a bit of experience doing wood work and electrical (solar off grid) so I guess this was destiny...
I know I'm going to have questions for you all.. grateful to have the resource here.

2018 Ford Transit 350 HD XLT 3.5L Ecoboost

has a bit of pure highway miles on it, but spic and span and all maintenance done every 4K... drives so smooth and you could eat off the undercarriage..
in it's former life it was a Grand Canyon long distance tour van.

Seats, floor, moulding and side impact bags going away soon...

BAYMAX!

View attachment 139941

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ian. :) I love the van name! That movie was a definite "sleeper" for us...didn't expect much, but we ended up enjoying it SO much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I have the same model (white passenger van with double wheels) but 2019.
Just check the rear brakes, they go really fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Guri!
Really impressed with this van.. heard the rear breaks are undersized.. may have to splurge on a really heavy duty hydraulic jack and stands and do this work myself (some YT vids out there). The pads are too small for the size of the vehicle.. I’m at 7mil front and back now with new rotors 1000miles ago...

·
Registered
131 Posts
@Ian C, Thank goodness I never had to fully test the brakes. I was going to change the rear brakes myself, but I took the truck to the dealership because I had a trip planned with my family and with my work I didn't have time to do it. I really regret that because the dealer charges me a lot and they don't replace the bolts arguing that it is not necessary and it is.
It is a time that involves work to do it, but not too difficult.

Join to the map.... "Where are you located?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep.. @Guri , I've had some of the worst work done at dealerships...Toyota left the oil dipstick out and once I saw the white smoke coming from my Tacoma on the way home I knew I had a problem... Oil all over the engine compartment... and the worst part is when you clean it, it really can do a number on the components in the (esp...electrical) If I can do it...I will do it.. problem with this Van is the weight requires bigger jacks...would never want to be under this thing 10Klbs and have a jackstand go out.. Harborfreight tools won't cut the mustard here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts