Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Here it is with the foot of the bed folded up. I mated 3 panels for the head and 2 panels for the foot with a hinge in between. The bed has to be centered in the van because the walls curve in and it will hit if you don’t. Notice that the foot panels that fold are 60in (RV queen size) where the head panels are full length.

the point of all of this..... when raised it will allow access to a U shaped small dinette. I haven’t figured out a table yet but I’m thinking of a swing arm like the Westys have in them. Benches left and right. Passenger side will have the water tank, pump and accumulator. Driver side will have the house batteries and all the electrical components. Inverter/charger, solar charger, batteries, AC breakers for shore power and distribution, DC fuse box, battery to battery charger and distribution bars.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Enjoying your build so far! I'm not too far ahead of you on my build.
I saw your solar panel install picture and I think I might've screwed up? I haven't ordered my solar panels yet but I've started on my upper cabinets on the driver's side and no longer have access to the roof area above the cabinets. Will I most likely need to remove the cabinets to bolt down the solar panels?
No I think you may be ok as long as you can still get enough room to route the wires. Use the roof rack mounts and you don’t need access to the inside for mounting along the outside edges. But you will have to drill in the center to bolt mount. Unless your ceiling is already installed in the center of the van. Unless of course you’re Crazy enough to go with the FarOutRide method of just using sticky tape to mount your solar.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Water tank is in. Dinette is roughed in under the folding bed. Electrical layout is in work. And, the crapper closet is also roughed in under the bench

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Funny you ask. I hung the propane tank today and routed through the floor with a brass through fitting. Then from there everything will be run with 3/8 in copper line with flare fittings. I got the line in with one tee. On the ends I have a shut off valve and the other has a low pressure gauge. 14psi static. Should run great. The solenoid is in so there is no high pressure lines in the van.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

mattress is in. Short queen. Fits great. 5 in foam.
Electrical has been the thing of the week. I’ll update with some pictures tomorrow:
Solar charger - Victron. Awesome phone app
Battery Monitor - Victron. Awesome
Inverter/charger - Victron. I haven’t finished the wiring on this, but I wish it was Bluetooth capable out of the box like the other Victron components.
Two 100 amp hr BattleBorne batteries - so far so good
B2B - Sterling - seems awesome haven’t really tested it yet.
Lots of DC breakers and fuses, bus bars and wires....

My water system is running, plumbed and wired but not past the pump. Pictures tomorrow!

·
Registered
2019 Transit 148 High Roof Cargo
6 Posts
Funny you ask. I hung the propane tank today and routed through the floor with a brass through fitting. Then from there everything will be run with 3/8 in copper line with flare fittings. I got the line in with one tee. On the ends I have a shut off valve and the other has a low pressure gauge. 14psi static. Should run great. The solenoid is in so there is no high pressure lines in the van.
Nice! Would love to see some pictures once you've got it all run into the van.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool build! Question about your fridge pick...I was looking at that fridge but noticed, compared to the danfoss compressor equipped fridges, it consumes more watts? Did you come across this at all in your research?

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Cool build! Question about your fridge pick...I was looking at that fridge but noticed, compared to the danfoss compressor equipped fridges, it consumes more watts? Did you come across this at all in your research?
Uhhh yes and no. What I really liked was the size and separate Freezer of what I picked. There is a new Dometic model that is about the same size and build. 12volt only. Thats what I really wanted. But they are not out yet. So I went for the ProRec. I may plug my fridge in today to see what the draw really is.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here are the promised pictures. New stealth shore power. Just spray painted white plastic. We’ll see how it holds up.
05253423-9539-4714-95BC-8206571666F1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Here is my electrical cabinet. It is on the drivers side and will have a piano hinged door over it that will be the back of the bench. All the systems have breakers and fuses to isolate them on the IN and the OUT sides.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Here is the back side which is the 120 side and also sports the new bike drawer but it is just in mockup so far.

Still a bit messy with the wires. I have to route the 120 and 12 volt sockets and lights still. But, all the big components are in.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Transit
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The lights in the garage are the old ford cargo lights that I took out of the ceiling and wired them from the rear seat down into the garage. This way when you open the cargo back doors the garage lights up. The button still works to turn them off on the sidewall too, if you’re needing stealth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if you've seen this but he has a good video on pick-up drawer slides. Might be helpful.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts