Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just printed off the Vehicle Visibility report for today and we have 62 Transits on order with 6 already on the lot (one customer delivery today) and 6 more expected between now and August 2nd. Then it looks like the rest will be coming from build dates up through WEEK of September 28th. At one point last year we had 12 Transits on the lot at one time and it made it hard to place them in the service department building every night.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just printed off the Vehicle Visibility report for today and we have 62 Transits on order with 6 already on the lot (one customer delivery today) and 6 more expected between now and August 2nd. Then it looks like the rest will be coming from build dates up through WEEK of September 28th. At one point last year we had 12 Transits on the lot at one time and it made it hard to place them in the service department building every night.
Good problem to have!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I told Ryan when I started at Matt Ford I needed a building for at least 10 Transits and a area for accessories for the Transit. They are at the point where they will need to do a NEW Ford Corporate front like most Ford dealers have already done so this may be the time to add the building. I am hoping to get a building now that may incorporate the NEW Bronco as well with a Bronco Barn similar to what Jeep is doing at some dealerships.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have a name for the Transit building...'Transit Terminal' would be like a bus terminal with a variety of Transits on site. The 'Bronco Barn' is what I told Ryan I would need if he wanted me to deal with the Bronco orders and customers. I would make it like some of the current Jeep dealer setups with the Bronco sitting on a rock built base with all different positions. I am working on at least one setup on top of the hill near the highway at Matt Ford so when you drive by, you see a Bronco sitting on huge rocks!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Why do you have to hide the Transits at night? Do you work in a sketchy part of town or do you think the Transits will runaway on their own? :)

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
We have been having some severe weather situations and also there were some dealerships broken into in the area including ours where they took a Ford Super Duty and rammed our metal gate and stole 3 NEW Mustangs. Matt Ford spent thousands of dollars on NEW security systems but this is just the best way to protect the vans when no one is around during the night.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The chance of hail damage is a real thing in that area. Thanks for thinking of the customer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts