Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crew Van AWD, 148WB HR, 3.5 Ecoboost
80 Posts
I have seen news reports that there have been auto plant shutdowns due to computer chip shortages. There were specific plants mentioned. KC was not one of them. Of course if in the case of the Transit, if the shortage only applies to certain high end features likely only ordered few, production could just keep rolling with any offending vehicles either pushed back or pushed through and then aside. My 2020 AWD with all the bells and whistles was produced on schedule and then sat at the Ford plant for a few of weeks before finally being delivered to Matt Ford last week. Part of that delay was because of the X-mas shutdown.

As an aside, Ford apparently had a large number of F150's scattered about waiting for seatbelts.
Mind if I ask what date your van was built?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Mind if I ask what date your van was built?
This is what shows on the Ford tracking site:
order received by Ford 10/12/20
scheduled for production 12/4/20
built est 12/28/20 (I seem to recall the date being before xmas when I looked at the time
delivered to dealer 1/5/21

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is what shows on the Ford tracking site:
order received by Ford 10/12/20
scheduled for production 12/4/20
built est 12/28/20 (I seem to recall the date being before xmas when I looked at the time
delivered to dealer 1/5/21
Hmm. If yours had all the bells and whistles, that gives me some hope that ours isn't being held up by a part shortage. I have a couple little things that I added, like dual-note horn and engine block heater. I hope it isn't one of those insignificant parts.

I'm not sure if I'd rather the van be held up due to Ford's incompetent logistics planning or a part shortage.

@CincyBearcats aren't you in a similar situation, albeit with a MUCH earlier order date? Any movement on your van? I feel bad complaining about our situation when I look at your wait time!

·
Registered
2020 T250 AWD Crew LWB HR (hopefully I'll get it by...)
52 Posts
I'm one of those vehicles held up at Ford. Ed said mine shows up as a quality control issue, quite possibly a paint defect since it's Kapoor Red but there is no confirmation from Ford. I was hoping it would be a parts delay or third party installation of something but alas. My production date was 12/14 with an order confirmation date of 10/14. The ford vehicle order tracking status is stuck on scheduled for production. I ordered all the bells and whistles on mine.

·
Registered
2021 Cargo T-350 LWB HR EB on order...
234 Posts
@CincyBearcats aren't you in a similar situation, albeit with a MUCH earlier order date? Any movement on your van? I feel bad complaining about our situation when I look at your wait time!
We cancelled our order and got our deposit back. Enough was enough. Ordered November, 2019. Built November, 2020. Still not delivered by 2nd week of January, 2021. Couldn’t stomach 20% depreciation upon delivery when we had ordered 14 months prior. Ford refused to make a special price discount for our situation per our request, so we bailed. Private buyers are not worth Ford’s time or consideration. Fleet purchases attract all of their attention.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We cancelled our order and got our deposit back. Enough was enough. Ordered November, 2019. Built November, 2020. Still not delivered by 2nd week of January, 2021. Couldn’t stomach 20% depreciation upon delivery when we had ordered 14 months prior. Ford refused to make a special price discount for our situation per our request, so we bailed. Private buyers are not worth Ford’s time or consideration. Fleet purchases attract all of their attention.
Oof, sorry to hear. Glad you got your deposit back at least.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Trackmymustang.com is showing a shipment date of 1/13/21 for our van. And we got word from Ed that 8 of the 9 vans he is still waiting on have been moved to the Jack Cooper holding lot. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Your cancelled 2020 Transit is now at the Portland Barn ready to get to QuadVan then get turned around back to Kansas City since someone on the Kansas City rail yard lot reloaded it on the night shift after it was pulled on the day shift and yellow flagged for delivering it to Matt Ford.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts