Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know that I will be at the dealership on 12/16 to 12/19 and 12/27/2020 to 1/02/2021. We are trying to get ALL of our ordered 2020 Transits at the dealership for delivery and with a special contact I made through Jack Cooper Transport, we may be able to make it happen. Our last Transit to goes on the assembly line on 12/18 so it may be the only one not getting to the dealership before 12/31/2020.

If for some reason you need to come on 12/21 to 12/26, I will be driving up from TX to the dealership to deliver your Transit if needed. We would like to get ALL of the 2020 models in the customers hands so they can start out the Winter months working on their vans to be ready for the late Spring and Summer camping trips.

·
Registered
2020 Crew Van AWD, 148WB HR, 3.5 Ecoboost
74 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo Our van was shown as "built" on 12/08. Any chance it will make it into the 12/16-12/19 window? Order number is K47K.

·
Registered
2020 T250 AWD Crew LWB HR (hopefully I'll get it by...)
52 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo I was wondering if you were able to make this happen, "We are trying to get ALL of our ordered 2020 Transits at the dealership for delivery and with a special contact I made through Jack Cooper Transport, we may be able to make it happen."?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the list of ALL of the last built 2020 Transits and have contacted Jack Cooper Transport to see if we can get them delivered. They have to be delivered to them via the Ford holding lot so it is left up to Ford and their contractor who moves Transits between the holding lots to get them there.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will be at Matt Ford the entire week so Transit buyers with vans at the dealership can get them as well as the incoming Transits we hope to be delivered this week. We have a few available Transits for sale which include a T-350HD 15 passenger van, T-350 HR Extended cargo van, T-250 HR 148" WB CrewVan, T-150 LR CrewVan, and a T-250 HR 148" WB cargo van. ALL 5 of these Transits have the current $1750 Ford cash rebate, possible Competitive rebates from $2500 with ownership of a FULL SIZE GM van to $1000 for ANY NON-Ford vehicle 1995 or newer. Each one will have some Matt Ford dealer discount so look at the links we have on the forum for those window stickers.

You can contact me at the dealership this week, 816 650-3136 if I am not making a delivery of a Transit. I will have pricing for the 5 Transits and you can take delivery this week. If you need to contact via email, then go to [email protected]

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been working through Ford and Jack Cooper Transport to get the last 17 built Transits to Matt Ford. There has been some bad weather conditions in the area this past week and with Ford shutting down on December 18th for the holidays, ALL of the Transits were built but on the Ford holding lots and it was looking as though those were not going to move. With calls through different connections, I was trying to get a way to make a direct access to those Transits and get them to Matt Ford. NO LUCK getting those released to ME but they did move 5 Transits to Jack Cooper Transport yesterday. My connection through the off-site delivery services told me they were alerted to having a 7 pm to 12 midnight shift last night and a 7 am to 2 pm shift today as the weather is going to be pretty severe on Friday. This may get the Transits at least to Jack Cooper Transport today.

Just NOW... got a email from Jack Cooper Transport on the 5 Transits on their lot when I emailed them about getting them to Matt Ford today, "It doesn't look like we can get your Transits on a load today. I will forward your email to the loading area and see if they can get them ready for you on MONDAY."

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have been working through Ford and Jack Cooper Transport to get the last 17 built Transits to Matt Ford. There has been some bad weather conditions in the area this past week and with Ford shutting down on December 18th for the holidays, ALL of the Transits were built but on the Ford holding lots and it was looking as though those were not going to move. With calls through different connections, I was trying to get a way to make a direct access to those Transits and get them to Matt Ford. NO LUCK getting those released to ME but they did move 5 Transits to Jack Cooper Transport yesterday. My connection through the off-site delivery services told me they were alerted to having a 7 pm to 12 midnight shift last night and a 7 am to 2 pm shift today as the weather is going to be pretty severe on Friday. This may get the Transits at least to Jack Cooper Transport today.

Just NOW... got a email from Jack Cooper Transport on the 5 Transits on their lot when I emailed them about getting them to Matt Ford today, "It doesn't look like we can get your Transits on a load today. I will forward your email to the loading area and see if they can get them ready for you on MONDAY."
Thanks for the update, and happy New Year, Ed! Any chance you can share the VINs or order numbers of the 5 transits that were moved? Would be helpful for us to know if there's a possibility we could plan our travels in the upcoming days.

I've said it in a different thread as well, but thanks for going the extra mile to get these vans moving!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are those rebates going to carry into the new year, for the people who now have to wait until 2021 for their 2020 van?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 5 that arrived at Jack Cooper Transport...

LKB59285
LKB77846
LKB69255
LKB69523
LKB69524

We won't know for sure if we get them on Monday. I am hoping ALL of them get to the dealership next week so we can get them delivered.

·
Registered
556 Posts
We should get a NEW rebate schedule starting 1/05/2021 so hoping making all of these customers wait it out gives them some added Ford cash rebate.
Thanks for the update. I recognize one of those VIN#'s!
IF there is an added rebate, is it based on the date the customer takes title from the dealer?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes so after 1/05/2021 what rebates that are in effect will be available to you. Some do have qualifications to get a particular rebate.

·
Registered
858 Posts
What is the VIN numbering logic. Mine is on that list and I'm curious. Thanks.

I very much could be wrong but looking at the last six characters of the vin, each alphabetical series is 100,000 vehicles.

So they went through the A series.

Now they are on the B series to about 80,000.

I could however be inferring a pattern where none exists.

Still, 0.00000018 trillion vehicles is only a bit more than a fifth of F series totals.

—-

·
Registered
74 Posts
@CrewVanMan Any word from your Ford contact on whether the remaining vans will get moved to the Jack Cooper lot this week?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ford seems to have 8 of the Transits on HOLD for some reason and the ETA dates are ranging from January 6th to January 30th. Looks like some of them are still on the Ford holdings lots and only 4 are on the Jack Cooper lot with the other 10 awaiting their move.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For anyone else who is in the same situation, I just spoke with Ed on the phone and he said he still has 9 vans in the Ford holding lot, with no communication from Ford on what is causing the delay. He is currently reaching out to his contacts in Dearborn, MI to see if they can share any info. Ed speculated that it might be caused by a part shortage, i.e. the vans were pushed through the assembly line even though some parts weren't available yet, and now they are sitting in the holding lot waiting for the final parts to be installed.

Ours is a 2020 AWD crew that has all the big ticket options: adaptive cruise, front/rear cameras, BLIS, enhanced park assist, HD trailer tow with trailer brake, etc. I suppose it could be any one of these items that is potentially causing the delay. It looks like the 2021 orders are held up due to the 110V outlet option, but we don't have that on our van.

If any other Matt Ford customers are following this thread, perhaps we could compare our options lists to see what might be the common denominator? Of course that doesn't actually help with anything - but it might be interesting just to actually know something instead of getting the silent treatment from Ford 😶

·
Registered
556 Posts
For anyone else who is in the same situation, I just spoke with Ed on the phone and he said he still has 9 vans in the Ford holding lot, with no communication from Ford on what is causing the delay. He is currently reaching out to his contacts in Dearborn, MI to see if they can share any info. Ed speculated that it might be caused by a part shortage, i.e. the vans were pushed through the assembly line even though some parts weren't available yet, and now they are sitting in the holding lot waiting for the final parts to be installed.

Ours is a 2020 AWD crew that has all the big ticket options: adaptive cruise, front/rear cameras, BLIS, enhanced park assist, HD trailer tow with trailer brake, etc. I suppose it could be any one of these items that is potentially causing the delay. It looks like the 2021 orders are held up due to the 110V outlet option, but we don't have that on our van.

If any other Matt Ford customers are following this thread, perhaps we could compare our options lists to see what might be the common denominator? Of course that doesn't actually help with anything - but it might be interesting just to actually know something instead of getting the silent treatment from Ford 😶
I have seen news reports that there have been auto plant shutdowns due to computer chip shortages. There were specific plants mentioned. KC was not one of them. Of course if in the case of the Transit, if the shortage only applies to certain high end features likely only ordered few, production could just keep rolling with any offending vehicles either pushed back or pushed through and then aside. My 2020 AWD with all the bells and whistles was produced on schedule and then sat at the Ford plant for a few of weeks before finally being delivered to Matt Ford last week. Part of that delay was because of the X-mas shutdown.

As an aside, Ford apparently had a large number of F150's scattered about waiting for seatbelts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts