Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Registered
That was like some kind of miracle for you two Transit buyers to know each other, come from FL and OR on the same day to get your Transit vans. Did not know what the screaming was about until he got to the car door and then it was like that surprise! meeting. It didn't bother me that you chatted all the way to the dealership and I did get a few words in to both of you.

And this was your picture to show the happiness of two old friends getting together to start the adventure with their NEW Transits. What you may see is a HR Transit for the TALL guy and the MR 130" WB DSD for this little Scuba Diving Master. They have BOTH been together on some diving adventures in the past around FL.

This is just one (actually 2) of the many happy buyers from all across the USA who make the trip to Matt Ford to get their special ordered Transits. Hope to have many more customers like these two and help them start the first day of enjoying their Transit just like they did!

Registered
About 40 of the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service booklets have been mailed out and already in the hands of the first ones to inquire and pay for the service. To date, I have built 12 preview orders for customers using this service and have one stock ordered CrewVan for Matt Ford already scheduled for build in late October and 2 more customer orders in the Ford system waiting for scheduling.

Looks like we will have a 27 Transit allocation for this quarter and can add more if we get the customer orders beyond this number. Being close to the Transit assembly plant and not having to place the MR & HR models on the special height rail cars helps us get these extra allocations. If your dealer is telling you they can't order yet, they do not have the proper allocations to place a order yet. So don't get trapped into ordering from your dealer and find out later they do not have enough allocation to process your order. Getting inquiries now from prospective Transit buyers that they can't order a 2020 Transit yet. That is NOT the case for us!
I got my package. 馃榿 馃憤 Spent some time reviewing options. Big question is the body choice since it will be used for rear wheel chair lift. I hoped for dual slider crewvan but that seems not a option. May need to go to cargo model and deal with adding second row seat. Or forget about the dual slider. So many decisions.馃榿
Good thing I can't order till next year.

Registered
Discussion Starter #63
Just like a lot of current Transit owners, you could get the dual sliding doors van and add the second row seat if you were going to the rear wheel chair lift. Hopefully going with the MR DSD van you may not have a problem not having the roof air bags over the second row area like what will be in the CrewVan.

You can order NOW unless you have a specific timeframe for placing your order.

Registered
CVM What happened to my order book? I was on list. I called Molly and paid her. I cannot PM on forum.
Tony P
Zip 77584

Registered
Discussion Starter #65
Your booklet is ready to ship and you should get a email asking for the pricing sheets you need. There are 4 different ones and just email me the ones you need.

Registered
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
We just surpassed 50 Transit prospects who have got on the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service and have their booklet in hand working on getting their Transit order sheet ready for making a preview order from the Ford order system. This will lead them to having MSRP pricing and once their order sheet is just like they want to place the order, a price quote is given showing MSRP price less the Matt Ford discount and with the fees listed you have the total price via Matt Ford. You would still have your local sales taxes and registration fees to pay based on your area situation.

With our large Transit allocation, we already have 9 orders in the system with 5 VINs and others on hold for the 2.0L Diesel engine and the Power Sliding Side Door. There are 16 open allocations for the 3rd quarter with 27 more added next week for 4th quarter allocation. Ford has offered us 30 more 'OK to BUY' customer orders if we want them. With about 2 weeks left for production in November and 15 days in December due to the Christmas/New Years holidays at the end of the month, you would need to get your order in ASAP to get a build date within these parameters.

Registered
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
We have had over 200 inquiries on the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service and today 70 prospective buyers are on the service so they have the BEST information available to build a Transit order sheet and get a preview order generated from the Ford order system. This can lead to getting a price quote and then you are ready to make that BIG DECISION on what to do about ordering the Transit.

While some Ford dealers are waiting to get their orders confirmed for scheduled build dates, Matt Ford already has confirmed build dates starting October 30 and this week we had more confirmed dates for WEEK of December 2nd. There will only be 3 weeks in December where the Transit plant will be open before the Christmas/New Years holidays. We may have ALL of the 2020 Transits built before the December 2nd week arrive at the dealership before year end. Not expecting any orders past that week to be delivered unless Jack Cooper Transport gets on the ball and gets those Transits to us. With their bankruptcy going on, their deliveries have slowed up from past months.

Registered
I initially signed up for this, but delayed. Have lost the link and looking to investigate spec'ing and pricing an AWD HR long wheel base unit. Is this still the process to call the lady at your dealership and get the $40 packet, and if so provide a link? Thanks. Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter #69
After getting more questions about the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service, I brought back this link for your to see what the booklet looks like. It is currently showing the 10/21/19 update as Ford has not issued the 11/11/19 version for print yet. We only know that the 2 things changed for that version are the Push Down Manual Parking Brake being deleted on the CrewVan and Passenger van and the changes for the Fog Lamps dealing with the Black Front Grille.

Putting together the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide pages as part of the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service information.
This will not be just printed off white pages but some colored sections that will give you direction when building your Transit Order sheet.

First part will be the Major Product Features which will give you a overview of the changes on the 2020 Transit. This page may change any time there are any changes to information on the Transit. By being a part of the service, you will get this revised page if any changes are made through the special email.

Next will be Standard Equipment for the 2020 Transit and these will be Canary Yellow to separate them from the pages for the optional equipment.

Following pages will be Optional Equipment which will be most of the pages for the order guide. As part of this area, we will have some Pink pages that highlight the Seating Configurations which make up the trim options for the various body styles. This can be a important area when you are deciding the seating arrangement from the cargo van with the 2 or 3 front passenger seat, the 5 seat CrewVan, the 8 to 10 seat SWB passenger van, or the 12 to 15 LWB passenger van. In each of the passenger vans, you have the 'delete seat' packages where seats can be removed but the floor mounting brackets remain in place for added seats later. More parts of this section include Axle Availability which has some new areas that show the RWD & AWD options which the next section Wheels will become a large part of your exterior trim that you will coordinate with Exterior Color & Trim.

The last pages are Packaged Options and these are separated by the Green pages so you can go right to those without thumbing through each page to look for it. You may find out through building your Transit order sheet that by combining some packaged options, you can get a price savings compared to ordering those options separately.

More added pages to this service will be the Ford Transit Build sheet that you will use along with the order guide to make your Transit order. The pricing feature will have the MSRP prices based on each item that would be shown on the factory window sticker connected to the specific option. Finally some tips on financing your Transit through various financial institutions as well as what is available through Matt Ford.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts