Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
And when you look at the body style codes where you have the same code, to get the correct one you have to go into the Ford system and designate the wheelbase to get the right one. Their explanation was to not have too many body style codes but if the dealer hits the wrong wheelbase, then the end result will be the wrong ordered vehicle.

Ordering the 2020 Transit is going to be a difficult task so you need to go through each option carefully and BE SURE to get a preview order printout before confirming your order. It may be the difference in getting the Transit you wanted and something that is not even close to what you wanted.

The preview order is one part of the complete service you get using the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service. This is the part that will go to the Ford system for placing your order so you want it to be accurate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First post here as a new member, and looking forward to order a Transit AWD. Can't wait to see the document.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You will have to get on the list to see ALL of the documents that make up this service. See the information at the first part of this thread to get started!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
About 24 booklets are already assembled and we are just waiting for the 2020 Ford Transit pricing information to complete the contents of the booklet. You will get a email on Friday with instructions on how you can pay the $40 fee and verification of your mailing address.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
We are waiting to get the 2020 Transit pricing to complete the booklet. Assembled more of them over the weekend and just waiting for that one part to have it complete!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
We only know what the Ford Transit Brand Group sent to me via email and it was stating WEEK of July 29th. I still think it may be related to the UAW Labor agreements that are being worked on now with the current one expiring at the end of September. Just looked for it today and nothing there for Ford Transit pricing information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 transit $

I met with my local Ford sales agent today 8/8/19 and went though pricing he had in hand for the base transit plus all the options I'm pondering. We found a handful of inconsistencies between the 2020 Transit Order Guide and the pricing system the sales agent was using. For example, an option shown in the guide as available for my Tcargo was not available either standalone or in a package after all in the agent's pricing system. Groan.

So I'm going to buy a Chevy. Just kidding.

The agent is going to check on the few such instances that matter a lot to me.

My base case plan is still to buy through MattF and make great winter road trip through the great southwest as a no-schedule shakedown cruise.......and because I haven't done that cruise yet.

But I'm hoping the MattF system is sent out to us soon so I (we) can get help with options decisions and availability that I will consider the last word, and so that I can move on with my order.

unkie

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
You are finding out exactly how complex it can be to order a Transit if you do not have the correct information for ordering one. If you are on the list for the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service, it is starting to send you information on how it works and then how to call in to get your copy of the booklet. Going through it will help you build a Transit order sheet and then submit to me through a special email address so you can get a preview order generated by the Ford order system and when you have the final decisions via the preview order, you will get a price quote. At that point, you will be in a position to order a Transit.

There will be times you may need a consultation on your order and that is where I can help you via email or phone call. My hours are more flexible as I am not tied down at the dealership full time and have direct knowledge of the Transit being a owner of one since 2017 plus the inside information I can get being a part of the the Ford Transit Brand Group.

Whether you decide to go with Matt Ford or your local dealer is up to you. After placing your order, you will have access to build status on your order through email updates from Matt Ford from order date to arrival at the dealership. Like many prior buyers, you will have a chance to make a nice vacation or planned trip when coming to Kansas City to get your van.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any confirmation when we're on the list?

I've emailed three times starting back in May or June... and haven't received a confirmation. If there's nothing that was /supposed/ to come, all good... just eager to get a van ordered and waiting on this service to get things going in the right direction. Thanks, Ed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sent info to your email a couple days back, just wanted to confirm im on the list. Also, any chnace you can send the emails that youve sent to the group so far? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It would have to be one of the prototype units used at the auto shows as they have not built any production 2020 Transits yet. They are still building 2019 Transits and I have builds scheduled through WEEK of October 14th.

The 2020 Transits I have seen at the various shows are the T-350 HR Extended 15 passenger van, a Ingot Silver and Diffused Silver T-250 MR 148" WB cargo vans, and a T-150 LR Kapoor Red 10 passenger van

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
About 40 of the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service booklets have been mailed out and already in the hands of the first ones to inquire and pay for the service. To date, I have built 12 preview orders for customers using this service and have one stock ordered CrewVan for Matt Ford already scheduled for build in late October and 2 more customer orders in the Ford system waiting for scheduling.

Looks like we will have a 27 Transit allocation for this quarter and can add more if we get the customer orders beyond this number. Being close to the Transit assembly plant and not having to place the MR & HR models on the special height rail cars helps us get these extra allocations. If your dealer is telling you they can't order yet, they do not have the proper allocations to place a order yet. So don't get trapped into ordering from your dealer and find out later they do not have enough allocation to process your order. Getting inquiries now from prospective Transit buyers that they can't order a 2020 Transit yet. That is NOT the case for us!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
So when is the Matt Ford current Transit Owners Group email list coming out? Sounds like there's so many of us who had a great experience with crewvanman and Matt Ford that we love to keep up on major evolutions with the Transit model line but aren't in the market for a new van... yet.
Maybe a way that I can opt out of service reminders (since I'm in Florida not Missouri) but receive major updates from Eddie.

Crew van man's knowledge is hard to find in your normal Ford dealer. 0 regrets travelling 1400 miles to get to them, and even with the travel expense factored in, it cost about the same as buying locally from my idiot local dealer that can't sell or service his way out of a wet paper bag. With how complicated the Transit is, unless you're getting a base Fleet model, I will definitely be going back to them as long as their pricing isn't significantly more as dealers in my local state. Their knowledge, transparency, and communication easily breaks the tie or a couple hundred dollar difference.

Plus I got an accidental reunion with a good friend, with both of us traveling from opposite sides of the country coincidentally on the same day to pick up our Transits. Poor Eddie had to listen to us talk shop all the way from Kansas City Airport to Buckner.
20180824_110213_1566866192361.jpg

41 - 60 of 69 Posts