Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
So other dealers are so lazy they cant stand that Matt Ford uses a provided tool as a competitive advantage?
That is ridiculous. Why would you make the life of a customer HARDER to order a $50k tool?
I understand Matt Ford charging the $40. That makes sense as I'm sure there are tons of people who waste your time with specing orders and not actually placing orders for a truck.

Ford really should rethink 'hiding' this information from customers.
I'm disappointed in this decision.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The list for the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service is getting larger, NOW over 70 people have sent their information to get this service. To get on the list, we need the following:

Heading for the email...Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service

In the email, we need your name, address including city, state, and zip code. Phone contact number and email contact for future information.

Starting in mid-June, you will get a follow-up email to be sure you are on the list. We will make a forum thread to let you know the email has been sent.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I understand Matt Ford charging the $40. That makes sense as I'm sure there are tons of people who waste your time with specing orders and not actually placing orders for a truck.
If you don't shop around when planning a special order brand new vehicle purchase, you are foolish.

I compared quotes from all dealers within a 200 mile radius and also Matt Ford. If I could save a substantial amount of money by traveling half way across the country, then I would do it. Turned out I only would have saved $500 buying from Matt Ford so I bought local. That means no missed work, no plane ticket, no hotels, no meals, and 1100 miles less on the Transit right off the bat. I'm sure all that would be more than $500.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Who made your preview order that became your final order? It wasn't the dealer you ordered from as you just took the preview order I generated for you to them and said order this Transit. They got PAID to handle the paperwork and did little or NO work to help you build a preview order.

Its all about how you want to get your Transit and the experience you have in ordering it and the complete dealings you have from introduction to finally getting the Transit. Some people want it easy for themselves and that is their right. Some want to deal with someone who helps them through everything they want to know about the vehicle they are purchasing possibly for a long term use. They may want to actually get to drive their Transit for a long distance to see how it handles and drives on the road. You may find out quickly you want to add some insulation on most of the cargo vans to get it to a quieter ride for those other future trips. And when you make the trip to get the Transit, you can experience some of the same situations you may have later on when you plan other trips. I know of Matt Ford buyers who have made special vacations and some neat trips along the way that they may not have done without getting their Transit at Matt Ford.

It is so nice to get emails and pictures from Transit buyers who really enjoyed their buying experience when they completed their trip to Kansas City and the small little dealership in Buckner, Missouri.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
CrewVanMan,

The 2019 order guide you provided for free at your website was a GREAT help. I read the entire thing, made my choices based on my understanding of the guide then emailed it to you to get a baseline quote. You freely corrected a couple items because Ford is just plain weird when it comes to options. I used that build list to request quotes from nearby dealers like any smart shopper would. I was fortunate enough to have a local dealer with plenty of allocations (even the high roof) and they gave a very fair quote. Allocation is key, without it you think you have a van on order when in fact you don't.

If you charged $40 for the 2019 order guide, I certainly would have paid it. I found it that valuable because local dealers wouldn't freely give up that level of detailed information.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Shopping around has nothing to do with the post I made. You completely missed the point.

If you don't shop around when planning a special order brand new vehicle purchase, you are foolish.

I compared quotes from all dealers within a 200 mile radius and also Matt Ford. If I could save a substantial amount of money by traveling half way across the country, then I would do it. Turned out I only would have saved $500 buying from Matt Ford so I bought local. That means no missed work, no plane ticket, no hotels, no meals, and 1100 miles less on the Transit right off the bat. I'm sure all that would be more than $500.

1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just building the list up through the end of June, then will start sending trial emails for communication up to the publication and instructions for the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service. Getting the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide from Ford is the first step in getting all of this started.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
While at Matt Ford this past weekend, worked on getting the special email address setup for making the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service viable once the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide is released. If you want to get on this list for information on the 2020 Transit, be sure to follow the information listed on post #22 on this thread.

The reason we are asking for that information is as part of the service, you will have some of the information mailed to you. Some will be done through the NEW email address once you are part of the service and it is just not giving you the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide. It will have information for you to use the order guide to BUILD your Transit order sheet, then submit it to [email protected] to get a preview order from the Ford system. Then you can ORDER your Transit knowing all of the options you have in ordering the 2020 Transit. Another part of this service is the BUYERS information which gives you rebate information and financing options through Ford and from different financing options from Matt Ford. It is a comprehensive approach for you to get the complete view about ordering a 2020 Ford Transit. If you thought ordering the prior year model Transits were difficult with so many available options, the 2020 model is far beyond any of those other year models. Having the best information possible will help you get the EXACT TRANSIT vehicle you want to enjoy for many years to come.

We hope to make that possible through the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service. This will be a fee based service. For a $40 fee, you can be part of this service and if you are one of the ones to order your Transit from Matt Ford, this fee will be refunded to you as part of your purchase price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Count this Ft. Myers, Florida boy as one who has no regrets whatsoever buying my 2017 MR from Matt Ford. At the time, I dealt with Josh, who has since moved on, but was as professional, helpful and courteous as anyone could ever hope for. The price was very fair, the service stellar.

My 10 year old son and I bought two cheap airline tickets, Josh picked us up at the airport and ferried us across town to Matt Ford, where our new van was waiting for us, ready to go. We were in and out in 30 minutes, and spent the next two days driving home, purposely avoiding interstates and seeing what sort of mini-adventures we could find. I wouldn't trade that experience for the world.

Interestingly, CrewVanMan was not yet in the employ of Matt Ford, but happened to be there when my van was delivered, and posted the first pics that I got to see of it on this forum. CrewVanMan, we've never met, but you were in my van before I was!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am updating all of the information from the emails sent by forum members for the last week. The email address was just activated for use and have not sent any emails yet.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
As of yesterday, there are 192 people signed up for this service. A few did not place all of the information on their email and this may keep them from getting the beginning email information.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
First group of emails have been sent from the NEW email created for the information on the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service. If you sent your email in the last few days, it may not have been picked up in this first group and we will be sending more emails tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
As noted, the first group of emails have been sent by the NEW email made for this service. We will be adding more information as it is sent to us and will be adding more delivered emails on Friday. If you have sent ALL of the requested information for this service before the first week of July and not got a reply from a different source, you can send your information again and I will check to see if we have ALL of your correct information. Once I enter the information on the base setup, it should send out updated information about the service. If any parts are not correct, then it will not transmit the email out to you.

I found that some of the emails were not correct on our part and those have been corrected. Getting all of the correct information is needed so you will get the right information on the 2020 Ford Transit and make you ordering experience as simple and easy as possible.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just did a update on NEW additions to the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service, Once we get more updated information from Ford as far as pricing, then we will send another email on starting the service.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Putting together the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide pages as part of the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service information.
This will not be just printed off white pages but some colored sections that will give you direction when building your Transit Order sheet.

First part will be the Major Product Features which will give you a overview of the changes on the 2020 Transit. This page may change any time there are any changes to information on the Transit. By being a part of the service, you will get this revised page if any changes are made through the special email.

Next will be Standard Equipment for the 2020 Transit and these will be Canary Yellow to separate them from the pages for the optional equipment.

Following pages will be Optional Equipment which will be most of the pages for the order guide. As part of this area, we will have some Pink pages that highlight the Seating Configurations which make up the trim options for the various body styles. This can be a important area when you are deciding the seating arrangement from the cargo van with the 2 or 3 front passenger seat, the 5 seat CrewVan, the 8 to 10 seat SWB passenger van, or the 12 to 15 LWB passenger van. In each of the passenger vans, you have the 'delete seat' packages where seats can be removed but the floor mounting brackets remain in place for added seats later. More parts of this section include Axle Availability which has some new areas that show the RWD & AWD options which the next section Wheels will become a large part of your exterior trim that you will coordinate with Exterior Color & Trim.

The last pages are Packaged Options and these are separated by the Green pages so you can go right to those without thumbing through each page to look for it. You may find out through building your Transit order sheet that by combining some packaged options, you can get a price savings compared to ordering those options separately.

More added pages to this service will be the Ford Transit Build sheet that you will use along with the order guide to make your Transit order. The pricing feature will have the MSRP prices based on each item that would be shown on the factory window sticker connected to the specific option. Finally some tips on financing your Transit through various financial institutions as well as what is available through Matt Ford. A added BONUS will be information on getting a Ford Factory Extended Warranty that may be something needed with all of the NEW features and electronics that are part of the 2020 Ford Transit.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 69 Posts