Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With information starting to come out on the 2020 Ford Transit, Matt Ford is working on their sales strategy for this model. Since we will not be able to place the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide on our website, we will be offering this service to be able to have the use of the order guide and at the same time help the Transit buyer with building their specific order sheet, getting it setup on the Ford order system by way of a preview order, and getting a quote on their Transit order sheet.

At this point, you will be able to order your Transit from Matt Ford or take it elsewhere. Pricing for this service will be $40 and if you place your order with Matt Ford, this service price will be refunded to you as part of your order.

To get on this service, we need the following information:
Full name, address, phone contact, and email address.

Send this with the heading...Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service to my email, [email protected] and you will be placed on the list for contact once we have all of the information ready for mailing. We should start getting order information in June with orders submitted for scheduling to the Ford system in July. Expected first builds for the 2020 Transit will be after October 21st with a expected late availability on the AWD model indicated at this time.

Just being on the list will get you updated information on the 2020 model up to the time we get the final order information. It will be a huge change in the ordering information as Ford is adding so much new technology to the Transit and NEW models including CrewCab model, the CrewVan model, and the AWD drivetrain that will be a part of all the available models.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There will be a SPECIAL EMAIL linked to this service that will go LIVE starting in May that will give you some information on the 2020 Transit as we get it from Ford. This will include some of the Ford special financing rates available for the Transit plus all of the rebate information that will be scarce when the 2020 model first comes out. Hopefully by year end you will see a few available rebates and get the inside information on the current build scheduling for the Transit.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting on the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service list will get you into the early ordering for the AWD model as well as the CrewVan model which will be one of the special runs that Ford will do with this body style having build groups of 20 or more together.

By ordering your AWD model at Matt Ford and the first 2020 assembly dates still holding at October 21st, you might be the first ones to have your Transit AWD ready for the winter months. We are hoping that the AWD model is available at the beginning of the 2020 model production but still getting indications that it will be a late availability model and NO release dates have been indicated as yet.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Delivery charge is on ALL Transits regardless of where the dealer is located. They take total miles for ALL dealer deliveries and then average it out for a price charged to ALL Transit window stickers.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
No, the Transit has to be picked up at Matt Ford. If you order from one dealer and want it shipped to another dealer, they have to agree to accept it. Most will not unless it is a Corporate Fleet account as Ford makes dealers take those specific vehicles.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You get to work with a dealer who is knowledgable on the Ford Transit as far as equipment that is available and can get your Transit ordered with having allocation to order ANY body style. Most dealers do not have enough Transit allocation to order the larger HR models. Plus being 24 miles from the Ford Transit assembly plant you can get your vehicle quicker, sometimes saving as much as 30-40 days in transportation especially if you order a MR or HR model.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ford came to us in early 2019 after complaints from other Ford dealers concerning having the order guide on our website. Because of how it supposed to be used and considered as a internal dealership guide, they would not let us update it of use it in the future. The one that is on our site is a old version and we will remove it once the 2020 Ford Transit Guide is available.

Coming up with the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service gives us a chance to continue using the Ford Transit Order Guide to help Transit customers know about all the options available for the Transit and we are adding tips to help build a Transit Order sheet and get MSRP pricing and a price quote. There will be information on available financing options through Ford and other financial institutions as well as the Ford Extended Warranty Plans.

Doing this takes a lot of time and effort to make all of this information possible and so we are offering it as a service for a $40 fee that is refunded to Matt Ford Transit buyers.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Way to go Ford for making a difficult order process even more difficult! I talked to a number of local dealers who didn’t have a clue about the various options available on the transit. Some of them denied options existed that I already knew were present. Or they were misinformed about what the option was, such as the push down emergency brake which they thought meant a pedal was mounted next to the brake pedal. Only by using the Matt Ford order guide was I able to compare pricing from two different dealers and get the options I wanted.

Thanks Eddie for finding a way to continue to at least bring good quality information out.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coming out with this service was the only way Ford would let us use the Ford Transit Order Guide and not be in conflict with other dealers and how Ford wants us to use it. I can tell you that the 2020 Ford Transit information is going to be a lot more complicated with more models, more standard and optional equipment, and a lot of questions about combination of options.

As far as the AWD models, only the two 3.5L V-6 engines will be available for it. Ordering a AWD model will take a higher allocation number for the dealer than the current HR models so dealers who have not ordered a lot of Transits in the past will be limited to getting very many of these models. With the high allocation number that Matt Ford has with all of their past orders, we will get a large allocation for the AWD as well as the HR models and especially the CrewVan models.

To get the CrewVan model that most of the Transit forum members want with the 54" 3 passenger seat and the second row flip-out windows, we may have to order them as a Fleet Order and this would take a minimum order of 6 like Transits. So we are already looking ahead for getting specific 2020 Transit models that may not be available to any other Ford dealer.

Getting into this service will get you a chance to get your order in at Matt Ford and being able to get the hardest available Transit models for purchase.

·
Registered
591 Posts
To those of you who would like to buy local, I will say flying out to Kansas City, being picked up at the airport by Matt Ford, and then driving 2000 miles back to Seattle was kind of fun. I brought a sleeping bag and pad so that I could sleep in the van to save money, and treated it as a roadtrip. Really got to know the van well - especially driving across the windy plains of Wyoming. And Matt Ford's pricing was quite a bit better than Newport's, so the trip paid for itself.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another thing that Matt Ford worked on this year was getting the direct ship availability going to QuadVan from the Transit assembly plant. In the past, you would have to take your Transit to them to have it upfitted for the 4X4 conversion. Now it can be ordered and shipped directly from the Transit plant to them at NO additional cost to the buyer. This is the same procedure for getting a Quigley upfit and this is the only way they will accept your Transit for upfitting.

A few of the Matt Ford buyers are sending their Transit this way to QuadVan as the first one has already arrived and another one is currently in the build process and will be going there within another month. So even though the AWD model is coming for 2020, we still will have the ability to get your Transit converted to a 4X4 upfit.

NOW.....Something we have in the works with Ford and a handicap upfitter, Lone Star Handicap Vans. In the past, Matt Ford customers would order their Transit and then have to take it to Tyler, TX for conversion to a handicap upfit. In the next month, we will have a direct ship code for them so you can order the Transit vehicle from us and it can be sent directly to them. This will save you the cost to come to Matt Ford and then take it to them. You will be able to go to them and have all of your plans setup for converting it over for a handicap lift in either a side or rear lift and add any other features to it. They currently do a lot of the Chrysler handicap conversions on minivans and ProMasters and have been doing some Transits in large numbers in the last year for personal customers as well as the State of Texas and other fleet customers.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So many of the Matt Ford customers use their purchase and pickup at the dealership as a vacation or fun trip from Kansas City back to their home. From the one who drove his motorcycle to the dealership and then loading it into his Transit for his return trip, another family of 5 who made the flight from WA to Matt Ford to get their Transit passenger van and make a vacation trip on the way back home to a recent customer who came with his traveling companion dog and went back home doing some camping on the way... these are just some of the ways that Matt Ford customers do to get the experience of getting their Transit and making a NEW adventure on their return trip.

If just going to your local dealer and getting your Transit vehicle there is what you want to do, that is your choice. Making your purchase something you will enjoy and remember to a long time is what can happen when you make your Matt Ford buying experience.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
For the month of May, we will be accumulating the information you send using ALL of the requested directives for this service. We have started the building of a special email for contact for listed members so starting in June, we will send test emails to everyone registered for the service. Once we get the information for the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide, it will be a published booklet in printed form or a direct sent email to ones who subscribe to the service.

It will have the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide, a explanation of how to build a Transit order sheet, and possibly a format online where you can built it and send it to Matt Ford directly, then get a preview order with MSRP pricing and a price quote once you get your final decisions in place. With a $1000 deposit, your order will be downloaded into the Ford system for scheduling. Here is what we know for how the 2020 Transit will follow for ordering and scheduling up to production:

...Last orders for 2019 models, July 5th (this may be subject to change based on filling the production schedule)

...Initial order input for 2020 model orders, July 15th, with orders to accumulate with NO action until first scheduling

...First scheduling begins on August 15th with Ford taking the accumulated orders and sorting them by body code and like build units.
This usually puts the Fleet orders up front since those tend to be same body styles/same equipment on a number of Transit vans.

....First production build dates are projected for October 21st with indications that the AWD model may be shown as late or delayed availability. Will know more later on.

All of this information is subject to change if 2019 model orders change and Ford needs to fill out the final 2019 production schedule. Updates to come as available.

Once your order is placed, then you will get the second part of the program with giving you available Ford financing options, other available financing options, and the current Ford rebates available for each model. You may not see ANY rebates on the 2020 models and especially the high demand models. Then there will be information on getting a FORD Extended Warranty that is good through ANY Ford dealer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
To those of you who would like to buy local, I will say flying out to Kansas City, being picked up at the airport by Matt Ford, and then driving 2000 miles back to Seattle was kind of fun. I brought a sleeping bag and pad so that I could sleep in the van to save money, and treated it as a roadtrip. Really got to know the van well - especially driving across the windy plains of Wyoming. And Matt Ford's pricing was quite a bit better than Newport's, so the trip paid for itself.

I agree with all of this! We did the same thing and treated the travel back as a road trip. Kansas was a little bit windy and boring ;). We got to explore parts of New Mexico and Arizona and really had a good time with our new metal tent.

I couldn’t have asked for any better service through the whole specification and buying experience..

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I bought my T350HD at Matt Ford and then the weekend I was scheduled to pick it up I got sent out of the country on business. A few weeks later my wife flew up from TN to Kansas City, got picked up at the airport by someone from Matt Ford, and drove it home. She couldn't say enough nice things about how well she was treated by the dealership, and she enjoyed the trip home taking mostly back roads and exploring.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think it's great that a dealer is so involved with this community. If it were practical I'd likely come and see you. But being in Canada, it doesn't make sense.

Do you know of any Canadian counterpart that specializes in Transits? Preferably in Ontario?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts