Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
What indications are there that the 2021 will have the Gen 2 EB? Have you heard/seen anything outside of rumors?
Just rumors and common sense - though there seems to be little common sense at Ford nowadays.

I’m getting close to a decision point on cancelling my order (Nov) and just wait until things get clearer and Ford gets their act together on the other side of all these problems.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
With the Transit plant closed and NO date for when they expect to restart production, everything is in limbo now. Ford gave me some updated production dates for the orders that had scheduling with dates based on the plant resuming production on March 30th but that has all become moot now. Ford is still scanning orders today and is actually showing one to be pulled for production but how will they schedule it?

I am looking for Ford to offer not only a reduced financing rate for the 2020 Transit but higher Ford cash rebates to get sales stimulated once they get back into production. They could do that NOW but with the little inventory most dealers have and nothing very desirable for most Transit buyers wanting something beyond a Commercial optioned Transit van. The CrewVan has not been released yet..at least the one we have that is built and not delivered yet..the FIRST PRODUCTION ONE..and very few passenger vans out there other than the rental type ones.

At this point, it is a waiting game and you might work on getting the preview order and pricing for your desired Transit vehicle and be ready when things get back to a normal situation. I stocked up on all supplies to make the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service booklet just in case more buyers decide to get their information together to build out a order sheet and then make a decision to get their order in the Ford system now or wait to see what happens on the production end. To get started, just go to the Matt Ford website, www.mattford.com and look at the 'Ford Transit Information' site that can get you started looking for the body style you want to build and the information on the link 'B-O-B Transit Service' about the getting the best information available to place a order for your desired Ford Transit vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine just after Christmas but dealership had a hard time getting it ordered at ford, options kept conflicting, it was finally put through probably 3rd week of January. I ordered awd, low roof regular length cargo with all around glass, ecoboost(I’d prefer a v8😢)leather seats, navigation. So far no word but considering how long some have waited I guess I won’t hold my breath.

·
Registered
28 Posts
FWIW i got my VIN today! Ordered early Nov and it's been a long and painful wait up to this point, but minor considering what's going on in the world. Really appreciate this community and all the insights and ideas, especially CVM!
My build will be an X9C (148wb MR, AWD, XLT wagon) with almost everything everything but split view camera, including the power door (added back in last week). Scheduled for week of May 18 (dealer also has a R2D scheduled week of May 11) so my hope is sometime in June if the shutdown doesn't last more than a few weeks. fingers crossed for all of us.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts