Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a van in late October last year for a trip I'm planning in July of this year. I thought that over 7 months was more than enough time. It appears that's not the case. And it is very disappointing as a customer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Similar story - ordered in Nov with plans for test weekends for Apr/May and full up for summer. Not happening now.

But with Ford teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, they are going for every profit penny they can get and that’s the fleet orders, not us custom retail orders.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Similar story x3... We ordered our van from Eddie in November with a March material hold for the power sliding door. Now that March has arrived, I emailed Eddie yesterday hoping to hear that our van would be built soon. I didn't realize that things had been backed up, so we were sad to hear that our ETA has been pushed back to June/July. We had an April time slot arranged with QuadVan, so that will need to be rescheduled.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Sending a few of the forum members directly to Ford for answers to why their Transits have not been scheduled or why they keep placing delays on specific options on the 2020 Transit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is what we've heard so far. No 2020 model year Transit orders with a power sliding door will be scheduled before May. Some Transit variants (those that are dual rear wheel) will likely be pushed back until July.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our dealer told us this Tuesday, March 3, that it looks like we have a build date mid-March, and that we’ll be able to see the window sticker after it’s built. The van was ordered in late September with the front view camera but no electric door. Cargo van, LWB, MR, EcoBoost, BLIS options, towing package, etc. From following this forum, I thought the window sticker would be available sooner?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was just told July for scheduling the power door, so i'm dropping it from my build.
Question on the split view camera - do any of you actually use this feature? I thought it was needed for the park assist, etc. but if i can drop it without losing other features, i'm struggling to see the value add of this front camera? Will i be missing out if i drop it also?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just told July for scheduling the power door, so i'm dropping it from my build.
Question on the split view camera - do any of you actually use this feature? I thought it was needed for the park assist, etc. but if i can drop it without losing other features, i'm struggling to see the value add of this front camera? Will i be missing out if i drop it also?
Who said it would be July?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
We hit the jackpot today getting 9 Transit orders with VINs and projected build dates WEEK of April 27th on ALL 9 of them. Should get the specific build DAY by next week!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Our dealer told us this Tuesday, March 3, that it looks like we have a build date mid-March, and that we’ll be able to see the window sticker after it’s built. The van was ordered in late September with the front view camera but no electric door. Cargo van, LWB, MR, EcoBoost, BLIS options, towing package, etc. From following this forum, I thought the window sticker would be available sooner?
You should be able to see the window sticker 10 days BEFORE the projected build date. That is when the paperwork to build the Transit goes to the plant and starts the build for the body structure and the dealer gets billed for the vehicle.

As you might say...some dealers know 'what is going on' and the others guess at it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sending a few of the forum members directly to Ford for answers to why their Transits have not been scheduled or why they keep placing delays on specific options on the 2020 Transit.
I tried calling ford like you told everyone to do. I’m pretty sure that customer service was not located in this country. We had a definite communication barrier. She told me that she could help me if I gave her the VIN. I told her that’s the problem. I don’t have a VIN. She told me to contact the dealer that she couldn’t help me without a VIN. I called the dealer and he didn’t know when my van would be available. I told him That I was pretty sure I was going to cancel my order. He called me back in 10 minutes and said he just spoke with his rep at ford and it would be June before I see my van. I told him that was unacceptable that in June it would be 10 months on order. At this point I don’t even want a ford. If this is the way they do business I’ll find another brand of van. This has been my first ever experience with ford and I’m afraid it is going to be my last. I’m pretty sure that I’m getting the vibe that June won’t even happen. At that point it will be close to a year. Is that acceptable in any way to anyone?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should be able to see the window sticker 10 days BEFORE the projected build date. That is when the paperwork to build the Transit goes to the plant and starts the build for the body structure and the dealer gets billed for the vehicle.

As you might say...some dealers know 'what is going on' and the others guess at it!
Thank you

·
Registered
185 Posts
We hit the jackpot today getting 9 Transit orders with VINs and projected build dates WEEK of April 27th on ALL 9 of them. Should get the specific build DAY by next week!
I hope one of them is mine -- magnetic gray -- tall -- gonna look like what Darth Vader would drive if he were a UPS driver. ;)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I tried calling ford like you told everyone to do. I’m pretty sure that customer service was not located in this country. We had a definite communication barrier. She told me that she could help me if I gave her the VIN. I told her that’s the problem. I don’t have a VIN. She told me to contact the dealer that she couldn’t help me without a VIN. I called the dealer and he didn’t know when my van would be available. I told him That I was pretty sure I was going to cancel my order. He called me back in 10 minutes and said he just spoke with his rep at ford and it would be June before I see my van. I told him that was unacceptable that in June it would be 10 months on order. At this point I don’t even want a ford. If this is the way they do business I’ll find another brand of van. This has been my first ever experience with ford and I’m afraid it is going to be my last. I’m pretty sure that I’m getting the vibe that June won’t even happen. At that point it will be close to a year. Is that acceptable in any way to anyone?
How can they tell you your van will be available in June when you don't even have a VIN or projected build date?
Matt Ford had some stock ordered units pulled today with VINs and WEEK of April 27th build dates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How can they tell you your van will be available in June when you don't even have a VIN or projected build date?
Matt Ford had some stock ordered units pulled today with VINs and WEEK of April 27th build dates.
I don’t know. I was hoping you could tell me. They said they talked to their rep at ford. I feel like I’m not getting the truth and it won’t even be June. I was going to call today to cancel my order but I just haven’t got around to it. I’ll wait til I hear back from you to see if you have any ideas. Do you think this could be a dealer issue? That would help me not swear off ever buying a ford lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the fleet owners ordering awds? If so, the future looks bright for finding more affordable used vans in a couple of years - or whatever the turn in cycle is.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
After looking at all of the holding lots and the rail yard where there were 1000's of Fleet Transits, there looked to be NO AWD models in those groups. Was surprised to not see any of the Amazon vans get AWD if they were being designated to areas in the Northern parts of the USA where there would be benefit in the winter months.

With Amazon looking to go with the Electric vans stating in 2021, you may see some of the Amazon Transit vehicles come into the Ford closed auctions and passed over by Ford dealers and then go into the general auto auction for ANY dealers to acquire them. ALL of them are R3X (HR Extended) cargo vans so you may be able to pickup one of these vans pretty cheap but remember they may be a high mileage vehicle and have a high wear factor driven every day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
may be worth canceling orders and wait for 2021 especially if there any changes of significance like in CrewVan seating, Ecoboost Gen 2, electronic parking brake, etc.
What indications are there that the 2021 will have the Gen 2 EB? Have you heard/seen anything outside of rumors?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts