Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Major Transit improvements!

1698 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  RvguyRv
Big makeover week for our 2020 250 Eco! We've had more than 200 nights camping over the past 24 months, so we didn't have time for exterior makeover until now.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Started with Grill removal and taking lots of chrome plastic pieces out for painting.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Grille

Followed up with painting the slider rail:

Tire Vehicle Wheel Sky Automotive lighting

Wheel Hood Automotive lighting Azure Motor vehicle

You can't tell, but the 1/4" wide area where the roller wheel will ride was masked off, so it won't be going on new paint.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

Also put on Ultra Toil Wheels to replace the factories. (Got new Agilis Cross Climates before our offroading adventures in Death Valley, Mojave Desert and Baja back in February).

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Last week I installed OEM sway bar - should have done that much sooner!

Azure Blue Textile Wood Luggage and bags

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

What do you think?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Big makeover week for our 2020 250 Eco! We've had more than 200 nights camping over the past 24 months, so we didn't have time for exterior makeover until now.
View attachment 182682

Started with Grill removal and taking lots of chrome plastic pieces out for painting.

View attachment 182656

View attachment 182672

View attachment 182679

You can't tell, but the 1/4" wide area where the roller wheel will ride was masked off, so it won't be going on new paint.

View attachment 182678

Also put on Ultra Toil Wheels to replace the factories. (Got new Agilis Cross Climates before our offroading adventures in Death Valley, Mojave Desert and Baja back in February).

View attachment 182674

View attachment 182680

View attachment 182681

View attachment 182685

What do you think?
View attachment 182682

View attachment 182656

View attachment 182672

View attachment 182679

View attachment 182678

View attachment 182674

View attachment 182680

View attachment 182681

View attachment 182685

What do you think?
Nice! Plan on blacking out my Carbonized gray too.

· Registered
14 Posts
NVM, just saw your comment that you taped off the roller path. Looks good. I have those tires on my promaster. This year I'm going to try them in the winter and not install the my winter tires (blizzaks).

· Registered
2020 HR LWB, 3.5 ECO, 3.73. Conversion complete?
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NVM, just saw your comment that you taped off the roller path. Looks good. I have those tires on my promaster. This year I'm going to try them in the winter and not install the my winter tires (blizzaks).
When painting - you only need about 1/4 to 3/8" wide tape strip to protect track area where your wheel will roll. It's easy to identify, based on existing marks.

· Registered
2020 HR LWB, 3.5 ECO, 3.73. Conversion complete?
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm liking the painted roller track as well.
Thanks. It's such a better look, especially for my magnetic metallic rig.
Also consider painting the plastic end cap, since you'll have it off anyways. Mine was originally black, but was looking gray over time. It simply didn't look good with the brand new blacked out slider rail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts