Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first ordered 2020 Transit for Matt Ford was ordered back in July when the order bank was first opened for orders even though pricing was not in effect at the time. It was a R1D (T-250 MR 148" WB CrewVan) that started out with a October 30th build date that moved to a December 2nd build on October 11th. It then moved to a WEEK of January 20th on October 24th and then to WEEK of January 27th on November 19th.

I went to the Ford Transit Brand Group to find out what the problem was when the first change was made on October 11th. They claimed it had to do with some of the vendor orders for the CrewVan model. Then on November 11th the Ford Scheduling Coordinator contacted Matt Ford and told us we would have to remove the Push Down Manual Parking Brake for our order to continue or it would be cancelled even though we had a VIN since August 30th. Made contact with Ford Brand Group again and found out with a conference with the engineers at the plant that the raised floor on the CrewVan would not accept the current version of the Push Down Manual Parking Brake. So....we had to delete it from the order and now...NO swivel seats for the CrewVan!!!

I made it known about my disappointment on the delay for this CrewVan as Matt Ford had made all kinds of plans to make this their premier model through the dealership with our own 'CrewVan Edition' with adding the Leather seating as well as the swivel seat conversion. This was done on November 15th to the Marketing Manager over the Ford Transit after having to change the order to delete the PDMPB and take out the option to have aftermarket swivel seats on the CrewVan model.

He stated he would see what could be done but with the results from the Ford engineers, it was something that had to be changed, at least for the time being.

So...it is December 3rd and something has changed on the Vehicle Visibility system. The R1D order that had a previous scheduled WEEK of January 27th...NOW has a build DAY of December 17th and is being sent to the plant for production!!

And guess what?
We have a online window sticker! www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTBR1DG2LKA01428

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the Ford has already got some flack from dealers and buyers on how it has conducted the rollout on the 2020 Transit. They gave us build dates for our first submitted orders then kept backing them up without telling us why it was happening. Finding out later that Amazon waved the magic green to get some more 2019 Transits at the end of the scheduled 2019 production and backed up 2020 production dates. Then there was some vendor supply issues with the 2.0L Diesel engine and the Power Sliding Side Door that they finally told us about but never clued us in on the other NEW electronic packages that were being delayed that caused more backed up 2020 orders.

The CrewVan order being so old as far as when it was submitted and the fact that I have worked with Ford on this for over 2 1/2 years may have prompted them to get the parts in place to build it. It is a fully optioned CrewVan Transit except for the AWD so I can show prospective buyers all of the available options for the 2020 Transit. Left off the AWD since at the time the order was placed it was rumored that the AWD model might be delayed in the initial production builds so I opted to leave it off the option list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts