Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Fellow Transients,

Well I verbally pulled the trigger on a new 148" Mid Roof mid length Transit van and all that's left is which color to choose. Lunar Sky or Sterling Grey are my 2 final choices but I've never seen an actual picture of both. Can anybody post some real pictures of either color?

I discovered this site and it's been on my daily list ever since. I've learned a wealth of knowledge that's been priceless as I've been specing out my new ride. My local dealer has been awesome to work with and I can hardly wait to get my new van.

I've decided on the 3.5 Eco Boost with the 3.31 LS rear end. Option wise I hope I didn't miss anything. The factory website is not in tune with the dealer ordering system so we had to go thru it line by line.

Thanks,
VA

· Registered
95 Posts
Greetings Fellow Transients,

Well I verbally pulled the trigger on a new 148" Mid Roof mid length Transit van and all that's left is which color to choose. Lunar Sky or Sterling Grey are my 2 final choices but I've never seen an actual picture of both. Can anybody post some real pictures of either color?

I discovered this site and it's been on my daily list ever since. I've learned a wealth of knowledge that's been priceless as I've been specing out my new ride. My local dealer has been awesome to work with and I can hardly wait to get my new van.

I've decided on the 3.5 Eco Boost with the 3.31 LS rear end. Option wise I hope I didn't miss anything. The factory website is not in tune with the dealer ordering system so we had to go thru it line by line.

Thanks,
VA
Pictures will not help you. Computer/monitor settings will affect your results. Your best bet is to go to the dealer. Ours had large samples and we could take them outside so see what they really look like. Just remember that whether it's cloudy or sunny, in the shade, day, dusk, night... will affect how the color looks; especially lunar sky. We got sterling gray; I wanted lunar sky. To me, lunar sky changes based upon the lighting.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Color Hunt...........

Visited a bunch of local dealers over the weekend and no Lunar Sky to be found. Probably get the Sterling Grey as it's pretty nuetral and it looks nice.

Did you guys go with the extended mirror option?

Thanks,
VA

· Registered
572 Posts
Love my Lunar Sky. Check out the thread "Colorado Plateau" for various pics with different angles in the sun.

Goes from dark brown to light depending on light. Everyone comments how nice it is.

Dean

Attachments

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lunar Sky..............Sweet

Love my Lunar Sky. Check out the thread "Colorado Plateau" for various pics with different angles in the sun.

Goes from dark brown to light depending on light. Everyone comments how nice it is.

Dean
Hey Dean,

Thanks for your response. Ford has a color close to that in some of there cars which I did see but the name was different. I also did see that Colorado Plateau thread but I really wanted to see one in person.

Your T looks great with the addition of the spoiler and window guards.

I'm going to use mine as my daily driver and as a stealth camper/motorcycle hauler. I ordered a new loaded E-350 with the 7.3 Diesel in 2003 and it was the nicest van I've ever owned. Can't wait to get my new T.

Travel Safe,
VA

· Registered
2,491 Posts

Dean
I've never seen the Lunar Sky in person, but, from all the photos online, Dean's comment seems right on the money. A nice chameleon-like ability to blend into and reflect the surroundings.

· Registered
160 Posts
I've never seen the Lunar Sky in person, but, from all the photos online, Dean's comment seems right on the money. A nice chameleon-like ability to blend into and reflect the surroundings.
Including the pavement.

For me at least, its vehicles of that kind of color (med-light grey-brownish) that 'hide' in plain sight and don't see them on the road when I should.

We get on the receiving end of this with our Mini Cooper. Being a dark silver/gray, frequently seems like folks "just don't see" us on the road.

· Registered
112 Posts
We went with red because we couldn't figure out what lunar sky would actually look like. Every picture online looked different and the dealer only had a tiny picture in a catalog to show it. I felt it better to go with something we could see on a vehicle in person rather then roll the dice and see if the lunar sky color is something we want to drive around in for the better part of the next decade.

I agree the bright colors seem safer. I want to say white is considered the safest color, even more than the bright colors like yellow.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it's been 17 days since I ordered my van and nothing, zilch, nada a word from anyone! You think they would of contacted me by now.

Oh well guess I'll wait patiently like everybody else. Good thing I've got my 2013 F-150 to drive.

Van Safe,
VA

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's Here.............

Ordered it March 30th. Scheduled Build Date May 26th. and it arrived June 15th. That's 78 days from my order date to it arriving at my dealer.

My dealer originally said 75 to 90 days so he was in the ballpark. I couldn't be more pleased with them. The Jack Griffin Ford dealership in Waukesha Wi. was awesome. I also can't say enough about my salesman Frank B.

For the record it's a 148" MR van in Sterling Grey with the 3.5L EB &3:31 LS rearend. I ordered just about every option except for the Extended Roof & Body.

Planning on using as a daily driver and as my motorcycle hauler. Everything from Dirt Bikes to full size Touring bikes and everything in between.

I surely feel for the wait some of our fellow Forumites have had to endure and hopefully Ford will step up there game.

Probably pick it up either this coming Friday or Saturday. Everything I ordered seems to be there so looking forward to picking it up.

Van Safe,
VA

· Registered
2 Posts
Your gonna love the sterling gray. My wife and I wasn't sure but made a decision last min. Glad we went with sterling gray. It's really nice.

Your gonna love that ECOBoost engine. **** is stupid fast for a big van. I got standard wheelbase mid roof. Very hard not to want to get in to boost. It's super addicting

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked her up...............

Picked up my van last night and headed straight for the freeway. Read the posts about it being unstable at speed so I had to find out for myself. Don't know what the current tire pressure is set at but I'm glad to report it felt solid at an indicated 75 mph.

Compared to my 2013 F-150 the ride was a little stiff but then again that's to be expected for an empty van.

Thanks to everyone's great input here on the Forum which ultimately helped me spec out the right van for me. I'd especially like to thank "Crew Van Man" for his guidance, everything you said was true.

When I ordered the van the rebates were at $2000. Imagine my surprise when I found out Ford had added an additional $750 rebate if delivery was taken before July 6th.

To be continued as the miles pile on,
VA

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was the add'l $750 from the dealer or from Ford? Mine was built 1 June and should be to the dealer late June but I don't see the $750 anywhere in the Ford rebates. Thanks
No it was from Ford.

Just looked on the Ford website under Incentives and found $1500 for "Retail Customer Cash", $500 for "Ford Credit Bonus" and a additional $500 for "Delivery by July 6th.". That only totals $2500.

I also looked at my Ford Finance papers and it shows $2750 in total rebates applied to the bottom line. That's the amount I signed the papers for last night. Don't know why the numbers don't add up but since it's in my favor I'll take it.

Check the incentives for your Zip Code compared to mine of 53045. PM if you have any questions.

Good Luck,
VA

· Registered
60 Posts
We were able to drive to a dealer about 30 minutes away by freeway, that had the only Lunar Sky Transit in our area. I was so disappointed that I could not get the 2015 Pueblo Gold that I had my heart set on. Once I saw the Lunar Sky I knew I would be unhappy with that color.....all I could see was purple. Depending on where the sun hit it, it was either taupe, which I liked or purple, which would not work. I ended up picking the Caribou. So sad that all the dealers seem to get is white. They would sell a lot more if they came in with some color and some options already on them. Having to wait to get what you want is not fun.

· Registered
32 Posts
We were able to drive to a dealer about 30 minutes away by freeway, that had the only Lunar Sky Transit in our area. I was so disappointed that I could not get the 2015 Pueblo Gold that I had my heart set on. Once I saw the Lunar Sky I knew I would be unhappy with that color.....all I could see was purple. Depending on where the sun hit it, it was either taupe, which I liked or purple, which would not work.
Your predicament was the same as ours...we ordered the Pueblo Gold and the next day the dealer called and told me it was NLA in 2015 so after a lot of searching we went with the Lunar Sky sight unseen except for pics. Picked it up last week and my wife (who made the decision to go with LS) loves the color. I'm not so sure but it's growing on me...it's actually pretty cool, almost like a chameleon paint job...bluish from one angle, purple from another, gray/brown from others. The PG would have had a lot more contrast with the black body panels but my wife likes the stealth mode of the panels sort of blending with the LS color. Happy wife is a happy life, so I love the LS.

BTW we also have an Aussie, 4 yo female tricolor. Best dog in the world.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.