Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Love buying "Stuff" for my Campervan, what are your favorite Campervan items?

4175 Views 58 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  Tcaschy021
Almost every week it's Christmas at my home. With a newer campervan, I am always finding helpful little nick knacks to buy for the van.

Some of my favorite purchases have been........
String Lights that go on my awning, purchased at a Walmart Supercenter. Now my favorite store while RV'ing.
Sky Vehicle Mode of transport Shade Asphalt

Sticky Pads for the counter - while in no way full proof, are quite helpful when placed in a few places.
Sticky Pads for counter top

Nightlights - These give on the right amount of light when you just want a little bit of light to go back into the van and get something. Plus, someone on the forum here mentioned it is a good reminder that the inverter is still on.
Night lights

Felt Storage bins - The large size one fits perfectly in my closet and is plenty large for most of the clothes I need. I saw these on an RV Couples YT channel that had a Winnebago Revel up in Alaska.
Felt Bins

Picnic Table Dining Lamps - my latest purchase that hasn't yet arrived. When it gets dark it is pretty hard to get the right light for dining. I am usually blinded and my food is hiding in the shadows. Hopefully these will be as cool as they look.
Rechargeable Table Lamps

What are your favorite Campervan Do-dads?
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Registered
2017 T150 med roof SWB
202 Posts
Baltic Birch Void Free Plywood
I think my van is up to 6 sheets now.
Just had an idea for a storage bin on the passenger side, soon to be 7.

Also the Weboost drive I got a month ago has been marvelous. I like to do a lot of hiking and photography when I'm camping, but after dark neither is viable.
so I get on Hulu or Disney+ and watch stuff with my 'unlimited' data plan.
(50GB only for tethering)
The Weboost has made campgrounds I could never get more than 1 bar at, now possible to watch vids, catch up on work etc.
Have yet to stick it to the roof. Thinking of getting a 2 position ratcheting antenna mount at West Marine so I can make it shorter when I need to go through Taco Bell drive thru.
Add another $30 to that price for marine grade sealant so my roof isn't any leakier than it already is!

Also Ikea has been great.
Picked up Skorva bed platform struts to make a bed platform mounted off the oval access holes for the sliding door track.
Bought a ton of the $4 plastic bins that are meant for toy storage in their kids furniture line. They just need a little mounting lip and you have a nice drawer that you can pull out and take with you.
My galley is made of 4 of them (one is the larger $8 bin).
My new galley will have 12-16 or so.

· Registered
nothing yet, but planning on an EV van
444 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
But did you try it in the Transit cup-holders? Their three-lobe spring thing creates issues with some of these cup-holder setups.
nope, i just had the idea an wondered if anyone was making such a product, turns they are. the next step would be to find one that works with your particular vehicle, however, this lets you have your cake and eat it too

· Registered
2,077 Posts
These silicon mats make the glossy glass top of the induction cooktop not slippery anymore. Wish we'd got these six years ago! Cooking on an angle is a challenge without these.
View attachment 181680
You can put these under the skillet or pan on the induction cook top? Getting ready to test that Duxtop you suggested during my trip this week.

Cheers.

· Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
4,887 Posts
You can put these under the skillet or pan on the induction cook top? Getting ready to test that Duxtop you suggested during my trip this week.

Cheers.
Indeed. So nice to have the pans not slide away!

· Registered
2018 350 XLT Passenger 3.5 CCV Poptop
38 Posts
Almost every week it's Christmas at my home. With a newer campervan, I am always finding helpful little nick knacks to buy for the van.

Some of my favorite purchases have been........
String Lights that go on my awning, purchased at a Walmart Supercenter. Now my favorite store while RV'ing.
View attachment 181671

Sticky Pads for the counter - while in no way full proof, are quite helpful when placed in a few places.
Sticky Pads for counter top

Nightlights - These give on the right amount of light when you just want a little bit of light to go back into the van and get something. Plus, someone on the forum here mentioned it is a good reminder that the inverter is still on.
Night lights

Felt Storage bins - The large size one fits perfectly in my closet and is plenty large for most of the clothes I need. I saw these on an RV Couples YT channel that had a Winnebago Revel up in Alaska.
Felt Bins

Picnic Table Dining Lamps - my latest purchase that hasn't yet arrived. When it gets dark it is pretty hard to get the right light for dining. I am usually blinded and my food is hiding in the shadows. Hopefully these will be as cool as they look.
Rechargeable Table Lamps

What are your favorite Campervan Do-dads?

· Registered
444 Posts
Indeed. So nice to have the pans not slide away!
i wonder if you can use a wire wheel to rough up the surface to help with sliding?

· Registered
4,887 Posts
You can use these while cooking on the induction or just when the cooktop is off?
With it ON. They're a silicon material - made for using in an oven. I leave them there all the time, of course.

· Registered
444 Posts
LOL. I sure HOPE you're kidding!
why, would this damage it or affect its performance? really i don't know? but if not seems like an simple and easy solution

· Registered
62 Posts
A waterproof shade sail/awning for my MR transit. Very easy and quick to put up with one corner tied to pole, one corner tied to back corner of roof rack and third corner to driver's side wheel. This has held up well in downpours and high wind conditions. I bought mine from Amazon Warehouse for under $17. However, after seeing the quality of construction, I'd happily pay full price to have my choice of color. It wouldn't have been beige:rolleyes:
Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Car

· Registered
4,887 Posts
why, would this damage it or affect its performance? really i don't know? but if not seems like an simple and easy solution
It's glass. You've done some pretty creative stuff, so you might think of a way to adequately gouge glass to make it not slippery / smooth; but I suspect a piece of silicon mat will remain simpler and easier - and probably look better than gouging it up to reduce the slickness of glass. Ideally, I'd say they should have made those paint-on rings a thicker silicon. 🤔

Font Electronic device Circle Electronics accessory Logo

Here's what it looks like in the galley:
Kitchen appliance Wood Automotive exterior Plumbing fixture Bumper

Then with the silicon pads on (they stay in place really well - I swear they're actually centered - just doesn't look it).
Cabinetry Wood Kitchen appliance Wood stain Gas

Then this is how it is in practice: with a "dish drying mat" over it (pick one on Amazon if you like - very convenient). The dish mat is critical because a single piece of metal dropped just right on that glass is all it took to crack one. I dropped a small bolt that landed just right... with the dish mat in place, doesn't happen.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Window Automotive tire

Also worth noting the hook that the towel is on: we screw them in to any 6mm hole - pop in a rivnut into a hole if necessary. Cutting board is the large one from this pack; it stays there as a spot to avoid beating up the counter-top. I use the smaller ones as serving plates.

Less "trinket-y" than this thread... but the light remote next to the towel is one of 4-5 floating around the van. Magnet them on to wherever we want and full light control of four zones of light from everywhere. Single button push for any one light zone to any brightness - or single button for all.

Paper towel holder works fine; but towels roll off if left on there and we get into some rough roads. If someone's got a similar paper-towel holder with some mechanism that stops it from unrolling, I'm interested!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts