Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I hope I posted this in the correct location. I'm looking to buy a Transit Crew for a family of four for road trips and weekend getaways and to build bunk beds, galley, etc. It was either the crew or the passenger van because I wanted the factory installed seats. I'm currently leaning towards the Crew because of the safety of the air bags around the bench seating. I found a pretty basic crew, which is fine for our needs. Here is what I found near me:

2020 Crew, High Roof, Extended
3.5 PFDI, RWD
Reverse Sensing
Cruise Control
8" Screen
Fogs
MSRP: $48,300

I have access to the X-Plan and the price came to $44,346(before taxes and fees), which the dealer said is $91 more then his price, which he said is at invoice ($44,255) but I save $600 in dealership fees. Does all this sound right? Is it possible to negotiate lower then this? I'm in South Florida if that makes a difference. Thanks.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a DRW at 9950 GVWR. I'm not sure if Florida is one of those state's, I would have to research that.

Is it possible to not get DRW in a Crew/Passenger extended? I would prefer SRW.

· Registered
7,372 Posts
NO, if you go with the Extended Body in the CrewVan, you can only get it in the DRW model. You have the CrewVan that usually would not have to be classified as a Commercial vehicle with the 9950 GVWR. You would have to go to a cargo van to get the HR Extended in the SRW model. Even in the passenger van if you go to the Extended Length, it only comes in the DRW model.

Ed Bowers
Matt Ford Sales

· Registered
3,175 Posts
That may be hard to get if you are buying a 2020 AWD Transit. If you can get a dealer discount, use the Ford cash rebate (NOW $1750), and qualify for either of the Competitive rebate offers ($2500 for Full Size GM van; $1000 NON-Ford vehicles/Ford Econoline) then you may get close to your 16% -17% figures.

· Super Moderator
4,598 Posts
It's a DRW at 9950 GVWR. I'm not sure if Florida is one of those state's, I would have to research that
Here in Florida, you can register it however you want at the tag office.If it is for personal use, they will put what you want. Years ago I discussed it with an agent up here in Orlando and they agreed to list my personal-use Superduty Dually at 7999lbs since 8k is the threshold for commercial registration at a higher rate.

More recently I realized that my two 15 passenger Transits were registered at greatly different rates. The girl looked them up and discovered one had been registered by the dealer as a 9150# cargo van, and didn't bat an eye about changing it to a passenger vehicle for personal use, which saved a bundle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.