Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered to better communicate on possibly ordering a Transit Van to consolidate my real estate maintenance tools in a more efficient way. Been working out of trailers and pickups, occasionally even the trunk of my BMW for years. Gotta be a better way. LOL.
I bought a used van once but it was way too used for my use. Thinking about something new and comfortable.
I signed up for the Transit Demo in LA, I believe it will be in Sep.
Looking forward to the comments on the forum.

·
Registered
539 Posts
have you started to look into shelving systems?
to help us help you, you might want to start with what exactly you carry with you to the job although a number of us already have a good idea of what you carry

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea there are plenty of different versions of the Transit that are more or less applicable depending on what you'd like to do with it. There are also plenty of accessories that can modify the Transit in order to make it more suitable to your needs. Let us know what you need your van to do.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
A van is the only way to go for service. I've tried pickups when I think I want sexy but I always regret my purchase. I would go to a Connect but it's too short for my pipe.
Here's my basic van requirements.
1) has to haul 10' lengths of pipe.
2) 4x8 plywood, drywall. Either flat on the floor or upright.
3) low load height. Those F150 are too high to lift crap up into.
4) no windows on my work vans. Too ez to break in. All dark tint windows on my personal van.
5) slider door because when I'm next to a tree I need to open the door and in the city I can't always park where I warn to.
Those are my top five after being in the trades for 30 years. Good luck Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts