Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am currently building out a 2017 Promaster 159 high roof. The transit forum is very helpful with many great tips and builds. I am planning a 36V house battery setup using lithium batteries from an electric skate board and a converter/charger made from a used UPS. I don't have a build thread yet but thinking about starting one soonish. I am just about done insulating.

I am looking for a Transit double seat to put behind my driver's seat (left side of the van) I prefer the 31" width but will consider anything.

Please feel free to contact me if you are on Vancouver Island or in the neighbourhood.

Cheers,

Ivan

·
Registered
276 Posts
answered your request on another thread but I'll put it here too...

I have all 3 doubles (in Charcoal cloth/great shape) from a 2016 15p 350 XLT available/in storage and I'm just down the road in Port Orchard, WA

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The 31" seat will be from a 12 passenger wagon and if you are placing it on the LH side, you can mount it with the overhang of the seat on the RH side. If you mount it further back over the wheelhouse, then you need to other seat that has the overhand on the LH side.

I have sold all types of Transit seats to Promaster owners. Everything from the 62" 3 passenger seat, a 36" 2 passenger seat, and some single seats. Most have been the Charcoal Cloth seats that are a close match to the Promaster seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies ricphoto and CrewVanMan!

ricphoto, you being in Port Orchard WA is very conveniently close to where I am in Victoria. I tried PMing you but I need to have a minimum of 15 posts first so I am asking you here, feel free to reply to me via email metzlar at gmail dot com.

- How much are you asking for a double seat? 31"?
- Would you be willing to ship to Victoria? Could you tell me dimensions and weight to calculate cost?

If not I can always come by and make a road trip out of it ;-)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
276 Posts
If not I can always come by and make a road trip out of it ;-)

Thanks again!
Responded to your email...

These buggers are heavy...really heavy. Shipping would not be very fiscally responsible...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I have decided to not add any seating at this time. Canadian laws and regulations make it quite hard to do unfortunately. I should have done the research before asking. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
ricphoto

You might measure your 2 passenger seats and be sure you have the 36" seat as that is what would have come in your 15 passenger wagon. The only wagon that has the 31" seat is the 12 passenger wagon and those are 2 seats together at the back of the wagon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
ricphoto

You might measure your 2 passenger seats and be sure you have the 36" seat as that is what would have come in your 15 passenger wagon. The only wagon that has the 31" seat is the 12 passenger wagon and those are 2 seats together at the back of the wagon.

Thanks I'll check that ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ivan. I'm just a couple of hours up-Island from you in Qualicum Bay. I was thinking of adding a couple of second-row seats to my cargo van, but have not researched the legal implications. If you don't mind, could you let me know what some of the major obstacles might be? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts